Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FUEL LINES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff
wink.gif I've been looking at several different race cars lately and noticed that most cars have the fuel line running through the cockpit? Vara rules dont state "run the line through the cockpit", does anyone know ?I'd hate to have a fire problem with the fuel line in the car! On the 914 I can see running it through the tunnel but this is an bmw
2800cs .Oh feel free to correct any spelling or grammar!Sorry ,I was too busy riding my motorcycle and getting laid during those classes.

Thanks
Jeff
campbellcj
I'd try to stick to the factory routing, more or less. Where do the lines normally run on the 2800? On my 914 we used aluminum tubing (3/8" IIRC) thru the tunnel and AN-6 braided lines elsewhere. It was a big relief to replace those crunchy old plastic lines and hoses. Plus the result sure looks purtier.
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 5 2004, 10:14 AM)
I'd try to stick to the factory routing, more or less.

agree.gif they're usually where they are for a reason ...

what year is your CS?
the 3.0CS has always been one of my favorite cars ...

driving.gif Andy
jeff
Its a 1970 2800cs and i think they look cool too thanks.This one has a cage,coilovers all adjustable toe,camber and bla bla .I wish i would have met my 914 before going so far on this car !It's cool but also heavy unsure.gif But what the hell i could loose a few pounds myself!Im eating holiday pumpkin cheese cake while i type
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.