Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 1.7 with sideshift SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
1972 914 1.7 with sideshift., $5400. Good driving 914 with sideshift conversion, original fuel injection, straight, no crashes, little rust. Complete, good quality repaint to 1975 914 Malaga red about 6 years ago. New weatherseals, carpet, tires, brakes, Bursch muffler, engine resealed. Has good working heat system with stainless heat exchangers. Working lights, park brake, wipers, excellent brakes, engine runs good, trans shifts well. Ready to drive.
This 914 has previously had fairly extensive rust in the battery tray and "hell hole" areas. There has been a copy of my chassis repair panels installed and welding repairs done. The repairs were not done in my shop but the work seems to be good quality. There is a 1" diameter rust hole in the bottom of the right longitudinal near the lifting point. I have many additional pictures I can send to your Email address. I feel the car is now structurally sound but the previous rust can't be ignored either. Also, the engine starts and runs well but it has 1 cylinder that is 15 pounds less in compression. It is 105 PSI and the minimum is considered to be 100 before running problems are likely. In my 40 years experience with these cars, I have learned not to make a determination before a couple hundred miles are driven and another compression test done. Still, 105 is acceptable but may be an indicator of future problems.
The paint was done well, the crack in the rear trunk is from careless closing. The crack at the top of the fender is rust. It appears both sides have had previous repairs. The "sail panel" has been painted black and the chrome trim (banana) at the back has been molded into the fender.
With the dark side out of the way, it is a good running and driving car without previous serious (or any?) crash damage with all systems working well including transaxle, brakes, suspension, interior, lights etc. Please contact me with any questions. Brad
skjl47
Hello; By any chance will you have the car in Townsend TN this fall?
914ltd
I'd like to make it but probably in one of the other cars. Brad
914ltd
Still available, nice driving 914. Brad
914ltd
Price drop, $5450. This is a well maintained and upgraded car, drive it home. Brad

"hell hole" picture
914ltd
Still available
914icon
Hows the glass?
914ltd
All glass is good. Owner would like her garage space this winter, price drop to $5400. The 914 is currently at my shop in Peoria, IL. Brad
both0128
Greetings,
I would like to know how many miles are on the motor and transmission.
Thanks
914ltd
I don't have the complete 41 year history on the car so any mileage number would be just a guess. 81,000 showing on a working odo. Brad
Solrac the red
Brad,

You had said in the description of this car that there was "little rust". Where is it?
Pictures would be awesome.
Also, have you had the rockers off? What do the jack points look like?

Thanks
Carlos
marcher
pm sent
914ltd
Bump with additional information.
914ltd
Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.