Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb.. 914-911 rear brake parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
chad newton
I am going to either do a 944 to 911 conversion or all 911 conversion for the rear of my 71. I have the m type in the front, I will want to stay with that in the rear. Let me know.
gcrotvik
Hi Chad,

When going 911/944 for rear brakes, you often sacrifice your parking brake. 914/6 rear calipers get you larger pistons while retaining the parking brake. I have a set here if your are interested. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214579

You might want to consult with Eric Shea at PMB Performance about your options also. He is the King of brakes and brake options. Eric has the spacers to modify 914/6 calipers to use 911 vented rotors.

Congratulations on your upcoming project!

Greg
chad newton
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jul 23 2013, 07:50 AM) *

Hi Chad,

When going 911/944 for rear brakes, you often sacrifice your parking brake. 914/6 rear calipers get you larger pistons while retaining the parking brake. I have a set here if your are interested. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214579

You might want to consult with Eric Shea at PMB Performance about your options also. He is the King of brakes and brake options. Eric has the spacers to modify 914/6 calipers to use 911 vented rotors.

Congratulations on your upcoming project!

Greg

Thank you sir. I will hit him up. I don't want to do anything twice if I can avoid it.
Eric_Shea
Chad...the 914-6 rears will be less expensive in the long run vs. the kludged together 911 handbrake system. I've done that a number of times and there's never a really clean solution. 914-6 gets you the same fluid dynamics (piston size) and same pad size as the 911 rears, plus... 914 handbrake cables just bolt right up.
chad newton
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 23 2013, 10:12 AM) *

Chad...the 914-6 rears will be less expensive in the long run vs. the kludged together 911 handbrake system. I've done that a number of times and there's never a really clean solution. 914-6 gets you the same fluid dynamics (piston size) and same pad size as the 911 rears, plus... 914 handbrake cables just bolt right up.

I talked to ottos about stub axles about a year ago and they really wernt that expensive. One of my main concerns was getting rid of the small axles and cv joints. My engine is supposed to be putting out around 250 hp or more. Maybe I'm thinking to much. I probably going to have a problem with the 901 as well. But that is what I will start with because I already have it. Idk bro.
chad newton
Another thought I had was just leaving it 4 lug in the rears or just drilling hubs and rotors. Especially if they will work good with the m calipers and 19mm master.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.