Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - a Corvette
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
So,

In selling my fathers 40 foot motorhome for my mom, I ended up getting cash and a trade of a 1990 corvette.

Interesting ride, blue with tan interior.

Needs some clear cost touch up and the seats need leatherique...and possibly the middle arm rest needs new padding.

I will play with it for a while, then sell it.

r_towle
cool
Drums66
......r_towle...is that the targa or the saratoga,style halves??....I call it!!!
I think your plan is thumb3d.gif
r_towle
one piece roof
Elliot Cannon
A 1990 Corvette?
OK, I have to ask, " WTF.gif is the point"? lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif happy11.gif (Sorry, I couldn't help it).
bulitt
IMHO GM was having some identity crisis issues when they built that model.
balljoint
Wow, the front trunk is huge. You could store a whole other car in there. ohmy.gif
johannes
Nice toy to play with....

Congrats
rick 918-S
Plastic Pig. Sell it quick and cheap.
TheCabinetmaker
My girl friend drives a 96, last year of
the c4. Total piece of crap. I won't drive it.
That 90 is worth less than 5k. I really
hate working on it

Yes, its a one piece top that stores in the trunk.
Weighs about40 pounds, takes 2 people and
20 minutes to remove it. Leaks worse than a 914.
zymurgist
Nice color. thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
"mom, i traded the motor home for a corvette. you'll like it!"
mepstein
corvettes are easier to sell than motorhomes. Sounds like a good business decision.
ThePaintedMan
...from the guy who makes fun of me for having a Miata? dry.gif

Really?

You should at least take it to the track for a DE once and flog it before you sell it!
worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 22 2013, 09:27 PM) *

So,

In selling my fathers 40 foot motorhome for my mom, I ended up getting cash and a trade of a 1990 corvette.

Interesting ride, blue with tan interior.

Needs some clear cost touch up and the seats need leatherique...and possibly the middle arm rest needs new padding.

I will play with it for a while, then sell it.

Congratulations on having something a little different. I think it's cool and so would Milhous' mom. Nice.
r_towle
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 23 2013, 08:42 AM) *

corvettes are easier to sell than motorhomes. Sounds like a good business decision.

Ding, we have a winner.

I got what we wanted in cash for the motorhome, plus this car.
So, the car will get cleaned up and sold.

rich
r_towle
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 23 2013, 09:40 AM) *

...from the guy who makes fun of me for having a Miata? dry.gif

Really?

You should at least take it to the track for a DE once and flog it before you sell it!

Plan to see how if runs on the drag strip, maybe one night.

Fix the clearcoat, make the interior look much better...pass it along to the next happy owner.

Corvette versus Miata....no comparison, sorry.
Besides, I got his in place of more cash...it made the deal happen on the motorhome...which I have been trying to sell for a LOOOOOOOONNGGGG time.

Happy to see a couple take the motorhome, they will enjoy it.
The longer those things sit, the longer the list of things to fix becomes...and the more bee spray you need to buy.

Rich
d914
I have to agree,, I have a 87 corvette convert taken in on a trade also... It's a left over muscle car of sorts!!! Big torq, handles ok, it's loud, rattles and leaks... Put the top down and do errands and smile the whole time.... I might even break out my gold chains... I was going to flip it and it will probably go once the 914 is done but in the mean time I enjoy it for what's its not!!!! So I like tacky loud cars every once in awhile!!!! and hardly a mustang goes by not wanting to run it!!!!

Enjoy the car and have a little fun!!!!!?
Ferg
Good year, new dash, but old front and rear bumpers, one year only car, Rare color combo as well. Should sell if miles are low.

biosurfer1
Make sure to leave that firefighter sticker on there...helps if you ever have a chat with local officers about your driving skills smile.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jul 23 2013, 10:53 AM) *

Make sure to leave that firefighter sticker on there...helps if you ever have a chat with local officers about your driving skills smile.gif

Went to the cape last night to look at it to complete the deal.
He told me a story of a drowning victim from the day before...all the details.

Gotta respect firemen.

rich
Kraftwerk
One good thing about those cars is when they break in the morning you can have it fixed before lunch since parts usually just sitting on the shelf at the local Napa. For my 914, 911 BMW I tend to be at the mercy of the UPS driver.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jul 23 2013, 11:32 AM) *

One good thing about those cars is when they break in the morning you can have it fixed before lunch since parts usually just sitting on the shelf at the local Napa. For my 914, 911 BMW I tend to be at the mercy of the UPS driver.

You would be very surprised. More than half of the parts on a C4 Vette are NLA. Salvage yard only. Her last C4 was totaled cause the hood cracked and replacements were all used. I spend way more money yearly on the 96 LT1 than I do on my 914. If something goes out in the engine management system, diagnosis alone can take a week at most shops.
zymurgist
Yeah, I think the NAPA thing is more for '81 and older vintage. Never have problems finding parts for my '77... the only problem I have is I don't drive it much since I discovered 2 wheelers.
ThePaintedMan
...whereas everything is readily available for the Miata. And parts are cheap. And it gets 30+ MPG. And it'll run circles around a C4. Just sayin. poke.gif
worn
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 23 2013, 10:47 AM) *

...whereas everything is readily available for the Miata. And parts are cheap. And it gets 30+ MPG. And it'll run circles around a C4. Just sayin. poke.gif

Yeah but d914 makes an excellent point - Gold Chains and huge wristwatch go with this baby. Take it for a spin to the nearest pawn shop and load up big time.
6freak
That would be a nice color on a 914 ..
smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 23 2013, 01:47 PM) *

George, you have obvisously never driven a 300 horse LT1 vette. A stock Miata will not run circles around it.
jpnovak
Donor car for your next 914 project. Then part out the carcass.

ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 23 2013, 04:18 PM) *

George, you have obvisously never driven a 300 horse LT1 vette. A stock Miata will not run circles around it.

Sure it will. Just not in a 1/4 mile. And I've driven several multiple times. Perhaps not on a track, but I doubt a C4 Vette would do much better than a 2:36 at Sebring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjSrXvS1CD8

Throw in a few corners and the field becomes much more level. Add in reliability, ease of maintenance and cheap parts, and I know which one I would choose.

If Rich gets to throw some jabs in at me, surely I deserve the right to josh him a little? Or not...
TheCabinetmaker
What ever makes ya feel good George.
ThePaintedMan
And to you Curt. smile.gif Whatever gets me from point A to point B, which is why I'm biased I guess. Either way, a good deal for Rich beerchug.gif
mepstein
If I had a corvette, I would drive flat out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.