Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installed morphenspectras Rain-Shield today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
i installed morphenspectras Rain-Shield today!

first, let me say that this is a very nice product, well worth it's money! smilie_pokal.gif

second, let me say that at least for my K&N filters, the Shield needed to be about 5 mm wider. the length is ok, but it was just a tad too narrow and therefore the top of the aircleaner does not sit flush with the inside of the shield.
when i tighten the nut, the top caves in a bit, which will result in water to puddle up on top of the shield ...

i also removed the studs that usually hold the velocity stacks and replaced them with longer bolts.
reason? i didn't have velocity stacks that fit under the air-cleaner, so i bought a new set of shorter ones from CB but they ended up being too thick on the mounting plate.
not enough thread on the studs to put a nut on.
so, now i even have some velocity stacks!!

and as promised, here are the pics!
boldblue.gif Andy

before:
IPB Image

with stacks:
IPB Image

closeup stacks:
IPB Image

the rainshields:
IPB Image

another shot of the rainshields:
IPB Image

and a closeup of the carb/filter/shield:
IPB Image
Trekkor
I like and I approve...Proceed. lol2.gif

Could you use a 1/4" length of tube as a spacer over the bolt under the shield to shim it up a touch?

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE(trekkor @ Dec 5 2004, 04:01 PM)
Could you use a 1/4" length of tube as a spacer over the bolt under the shield to shim it up a touch?

yeah, i thought about that too.

i'll figure something out ...
wink.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
i had the same issue andy, to use stacks, i bought longer studes... to fit the rain shields... i need to buy bolts/or longer studs..and some rubber spacers.
bernbomb914
mine fit without any adjustments but they are faster because they are yellow biggrin.gif

Bernie
machina
Mine fit perfectly flush. Didn't have to change anything.

I installed them leaving the CB aluminum top plate in place. I think the aluminum piece has a better seal than the fiberglass hat.
ChrisFoley
I hate that air cleaner style. The center bracket makes it really hard to remove/install the long jet holders with v. stacks in place. Maybe in CA you never have to change jets, but in the Northeast we have climate changes that significantly impact engine tuning.
The rain covers look good though. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.