Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Key codes - new keys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
While going through some of my old papers I found the original Porsche Key code card. Can I still get anyone to make a new key from this code? it only shows a number for the main key on one side, on the reverse it shows auxiliary key but there is no number for that....
I have both black and red keys but to my untrained eye I can't tell the difference in the cut.
McMark
Check on TheSamba for a guy who makes keys for bugs. He's well known, and if you search, I bet his name will come up a lot. He should have the setup.

I've been searching for an old key making setup to create brand new lock-sets. But so far no luck.
Brian_Boss
If you know of a good locksmith in your area, they will be able to do it.

The shop in my area was even able to back into the code from the sequence of wafer #'s I provided. Then they cut a new key for me.

There is no difference in the code or cut between the black (master) and red (valet) keys. The difference is in the blank.
LotusJoe
Wow, I didn't even know there were key codes in the 70's confused24.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Jul 25 2013, 09:37 AM) *

Wow, I didn't even know there were key codes in the 70's confused24.gif

It's just the PIN numbers in order they areassembled.
Black22
Key codes go WAY back. I just cut a key for a '38 Chevy. It had a code. PM me the code and l'll look it up. I'm a locksmith and we have software that has all of the published codes from all auto, file cabinet, etc. locks.

Bad news is that the code won't mean much to you. It just tells us how to cut your key with our code cutting machines.

Looks like there are three code series for 914's
HC1-HC2080 Master
SC1-SC2080 Master
NC1-NC2080 Valet
mikeyb33
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jul 25 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Key codes go WAY back. I just cut a key for a '38 Chevy. It had a code. PM me the code and l'll look it up. I'm a locksmith and we have software that has all of the published codes from all auto, file cabinet, etc. locks.
<SNIP>
hi Mike,
Do you (or, would you) do any 914 lock re-keying's? Or, is there a network of locksmiths from which you could recommend anyone in the San Jose CA area I might try going to.

I have a new ignition switch/ column lock to replace my worn out (& easily defeated) one. I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to re-key the door locks & front hood lever to it at same time. The good locksmith I knew near me closed his shop a while back and I don't trust this hardware with the few others I've found in the area.

If you can recommend anyone or offer any other info, I would appreciate it!

thanks -
mike
p.s. I've rekeyed house locks before, not sure how much more involved (if any) these locks might be - have not tried disassembling any of them yet.
Black22
QUOTE(mikeyb33 @ Jul 25 2013, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Black22 @ Jul 25 2013, 11:55 AM) *
<SNIP>
hi Mike,
Do you (or, would you) do any 914 lock re-keying's? Or, is there a network of locksmiths from which you could recommend anyone in the San Jose CA area I might try going to.

I have a new ignition switch/ column lock to replace my worn out (& easily defeated) one. I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to re-key the door locks & front hood lever to it at same time. The good locksmith I knew near me closed his shop a while back and I don't trust this hardware with the few others I've found in the area.

If you can recommend anyone or offer any other info, I would appreciate it!

thanks -
mike
p.s. I've rekeyed house locks before, not sure how much more involved (if any) these locks might be - have not tried disassembling any of them yet.

I don't know of anyone in your area to recommend. I don't offer it as a service for our club because others here do it already. Check out "tweet" here on the World. I can't vouch for his work, but he does offer the service and has new key blanks and tumblers for reasonable prices.

I'd go out on a limb and say if you can do your house locks, you'll be alright attempting your ignition. If we were talking about a 2013 Chevy, I'd say leave it to the pro's. I think there is a thread here about it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.