Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone dials 18 inch!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SUNAB914
Dear Porsche Enthusiast,

We've recently completed design on an updated version of the classic Porsche Phone Dial wheel: an 18 inch version of this wheel in a modern, modular, 3-piece incarnation, for more fitment and tire options in the updated look (picture attached).

Manufacture of this wheel will give Porsche and VW enthusiasts the opportunity to order this modern version. We have a highly reputable North American wheel manufacturer on board, ready to start tooling and manufacture of the wheels. Our next step, prior to manufacture, is SAE wheel testing to ensure wheel strength. Preliminary software simulations surpass the strength requirements, but we need to perform standard testing on actual wheels for DOT (U.S. Department of Transportation) documentation.

We are using Kickstarter (link, below) to finance the SAE wheel testing. Kickstarter allows financial contributions to a project and gives the contributor a memento (reward) of choice in return. In our case, besides our many standard rewards, we also include the opportunity to pre-order a set of 18" Phone Dial wheels!

Please forward the information about our project to as many fellow car enthusiasts as possible, and make a contribution if you can. We would like to get this wheel design to the manufacturing stage, so that it becomes available on a permanent basis from our manufacturer!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jadz92...iving-a-classic
iamchappy
You may want to consider black inserts with polished lips, i think they look awesome this way.
worn
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 25 2013, 06:11 AM) *

Dear Porsche Enthusiast,

We've recently completed design on an updated version of the classic Porsche Phone Dial wheel: an 18 inch version of this wheel in a modern, modular, 3-piece incarnation, for more fitment and tire options in the updated look (picture attached).

Manufacture of this wheel will give Porsche and VW enthusiasts the opportunity to order this modern version.

Well I would rather you put your efforts into making 14, 15, and 16 inch tires that we need but don't seem to get, but I imagine aluminum is what floats your boat so good luck.
scotty b
QUOTE(worn @ Jul 25 2013, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 25 2013, 06:11 AM) *

Dear Porsche Enthusiast,

Manufacture of this wheel will give Porsche and VW enthusiasts the opportunity to order this modern version.

Well I would rather you put your efforts into making 14, 15, and 16 inch tires that we need but don't seem to get, but I imagine aluminum is what floats your boat so good luck.

WTF.gif Who pissed in your Cheerios ? confused24.gif

FYI ( since you apparently didn't bother to completely read and comprehend the post ) This isn't Chris that is making the wheels, he is simply passing on the info for anyone that might be interested in supporting the guy who is making them.
Andyrew
UM 4k for a set of wheels is beyond me..

OU8AVW
Good luck with the project but allot of folks just want to ditch their phone dials for Fuchs or cups. Me included.
SUNAB914
Geez, I haven't seen this post since i posted it! Thanks Scotty for setting the record straight.
Good seeing you yesterday!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.