Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: smalll emergency
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
yo everyone, went to start my car. nothing, no lights ,no oil temp lightn no radion no start... never had this problem. tried to jump start it with cables, nothing. its as if there is no battery commented. I am at work right now so I drove it this morning no problems. any ideas, I need to leave for home in 40 minutes. l confused24.gif jp
mrholland2
Ground connection? Try removing the battery entirely from the circuit and test the lights but DO NOT START. If the lights go on, the battery may be REALLY fried.
billh1963
Bad ground cable connection?
ripper911
Check you wires on the coil.
Did you leave your ignition switch on, it could have gone bad.

All I can think of right now...
billh1963
Looks like mrholland beat me to it by a few seconds...
McMark
Check the fuses too.
mrholland2
Oh yah, the "big" fuse at the battery (if one has been added). That happened to me whilst driving. Turned on the lights and whoooooommmmmmm . . whole car shut off. LOL
bulitt
Both cable connections at the battery. They may need to be cleaned if any sign of corrosion.
johnpierre
ok going to check all those things right now. be right back...
Drums66
....There's a BIG drain(where do I start)
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
some good starts above??
johnpierre
success you all rock. I think it was the lead that comes off the pos cable from battery. it was loose, I also checked fuses all good. took off leads to coil and reattached. shit goto to and relieve baby sitter. thanks for helping a 914 brothter out...,, aktion035.gif
ripper911
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.