Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody recognize this 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JStroud
What leads you to believe its abandoned, and not just parked there.

Jeff
green914
WTF.gif Has it been parked in that same spot for a longer than it should be?
billh1963
Has classic tags
patssle
Ok abandoned was a strong word! There's not much of a 914 presence in Houston (I've never seen another one on the roads here in my life) and this car has been sitting there for a couple days - very weird.
trojanhorsepower
Obviously someone drove it there so can't be anyone here. smile.gif
rick 918-S
get the vin and check the vin data base here.
David J
I don't see an annual state inspection sticker which is supposed to be posted in the lower left windshield corner, along with the registration expiration sticker.
Woody
QUOTE(David J @ Jul 25 2013, 07:57 PM) *

I don't see an annual state inspection sticker which is supposed to be posted in the lower left windshield corner, along with the registration expiration sticker.

Maybe not if registered as an antique which is what that plate leads me to believe. I could be wrong though.
Bartlett 914
Should someone "rescue It" LOL
Grelber
Woody's right. I have antique plates and don't have to have the inspection stickers.
McMark
Looks like a 72. thumb3d.gif
jpnovak
The little tag under the 9 is the antique registration tag. No window stickers in TX for Antiques. Its a 5 year registration.

However, I have been pulled over a few times for having no window sticker. I guess LEO did not see the tag on the license plate. I now opt for the window stickers.
krazykonrad
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Jul 25 2013, 03:43 PM) *

Obviously someone drove it there so can't be anyone here. smile.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
RFoulds
It probably died and the owner doesn't have the cash to repair or tow. Leave a note on it telling him you will take it off his hands.
914Sixer
Looks like a car was for sale on Craigslist in San Antonio about 2 months ago. Guy wanted 3k. Right rear fender was sideswiped. Rust in all the usual places.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.