Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine drop virgin no more
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gklinger
In preparation for replacing the carbs on my car with MegaSquirt EFI, I dropped the motor today. I am going to relocate the fuel pump under the tank and run stainless steel tube fuel lines down the tunnel. My car also had A/C installed, and I wanted to remove the compressor mount and replace the hacked tin.

Went pretty well - I already had the carbs and manifolds removed. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish with the engine on the furniture dolly. Some crud in the cooling fins and the oil cooler, great time to clean everything up. I am looking forward to a successful project.

One question - I had about a cup of transmission lube in the plastic shift linkage cover when I removed it. Did this all come through the seal there? Must be, as I can't see anywhere else it could come from, just seemed like a lot.
gklinger
fins
ThinAir
Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif
McMark
Congrats! clap56.gif

The gear lube came from the shift selector seal. You can replace it in the car, but you'll have to drain the lube. Get SWEPCO to replace it, not some generic lube. More fluid than that came out, the cup is just what didn't drip out. happy11.gif
gklinger
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Dec 5 2004, 08:29 PM)
More fluid than that came out, the cup is just what didn't drip out.

Yeah, I could see more of it back there. boldblue.gif
McMark
I'm glad it was helpful. Makes doing it worthwhile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.