Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chumpcar ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
I'm proud to say that John (FourBlades) and I have just about completed all the necessary preparations to get our car ready for the Chumpcar race at Sebring in September! It's been a dream of mine to enter my own car at Sebring, and with the help of John and many of you here including some awesome vendors, we're just about ready to rock.

Currently we have at least one seat to fill in the car for the race, as we must have a minimum of four drivers. As a feeler, I'd like to extend the opportunity for someone from 914World to drive with us (and hopefully not have to wrench!)

If you haven't heard of it already, Chumpcar is intended to be an endurance series for cheap racing with a goal of having cars worth $500 or less compete. While we have spent far more than this on prepping the car, it's mostly because I believe in keeping a car presentable and safe in the true spirit of sportscar racing.

The car started like this:
Click to view attachment

And now looks like this:
Click to view attachment

I've run it at Sebring once and the car handles very well. It's no powerhouse with a 1.8, but we expect it to be reliable and can guarantee that you'll have a minimum of two stints and at least 3 hours in the car. I wish that I could offer the seat up for free, but I feel that what we're asking for a rental seat is very reasonable compared to the majority of teams on the Chumpcar forums. If you're interested or just have questions, feel free to PM me. As the event is a little over two months away, we need to firm up our lineup sooner rather than later.

On that note, I have a list of vendors that I would like to include on the car. These include, in no particular order:

Original Customs, Tangerine Racing, PMB Performance, 914Rubber, Stable Energies, Rennenmetal, and of course, 914World!

If you've helped me out and I somehow forgot to list your business's name, please let me know so I can get your name on the car. And most of all, thank you to FourBlades and everyone for all of your support and help along the way.
Woody
beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
Jmedeiros
The after pic looks awesome!! Nice job & best of luck! Where will you be running?? piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.