Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 large front remote oil tank installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
X Post, but this question is probably more appropriate over here instead of in Garage...

I need to install a bigger oil tank into Papa Smurf up front. Until now, we've been using a Patrick stock-ish /6 tank in the fender. But we had to modify it slightly so we lost a little capacity, and from what I'm learning, it might not have enough capacity anyway for a big engine with a BIG (GT3) oil pump.

So, for all of you that have the round tanks mounted in the front trunk, can you post or email me more pictures of how you have the lines routed? how do you have the engine case vented? what is the flow of the system? what lines go where? how do you drain the tank?

ONce I get this done, I'll be selling the tank we have. Its been modified, so I'll sell it for cheap - we had to cut into it a little when we installed the CFR raised suspension points set up...all welds are good and it works fine...was done by one of my buddies that is a fabricator for Earnhart Ganassi racing - and owns an AWESOME older 911 with a killer 3.4 engine.. He's done all the fab work on our cars and is a master at welding anything....
Matt Romanowski
What does your front trunk look like now? Fuel cell or stock tank in there? I don't have any photos, but our oil tank is on the passenger side where the fuel tank used to be. Lines run through the cabin on the tunnel and also up the passenger heater ducts.
naro914
stock tank. Oil cooler lines run through the heater ducts, so I can keep that. Where are you venting your engine case to?
yeahmag
Lines are run up the rockers, pop in to the passenger compartment, and in/through the boxed sections under the stock tank. Tank is drained by a "T" at the drivers side rear wheel arch. Sorry for the craptastic picture...

Click to view attachment
naro914
where are you venting the engine to?
Matt Romanowski
Ours looks sort of like the picture above. Our engine has a line running up the back of the cage, down the A pillars, and to the front oil tank.
yeahmag
With regards to the motor, I run a -4, but I have welded a -10AN fitting to the breather chimney and run that to another catch can in the engine bay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.