Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess what the part is
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
I'm intrigued to see if anyone can guess what it is I made, and why I made it. Winner gets a cookie.(well, not really, but you will get a nice pat on the back for it )

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Three bolt holes and location looks like something to do with the fan hub. But you're moving up to a big bad six now, aren't you? smile.gif I'm stumped.
McMark
I know!
'73-914kid
Nope, not a Hall effect sensor. Let some others guess Mark. haha
McMark
You still need to add one more feature, don't you?
bandjoey
Mis drilled steering hockey puck?
'73-914kid
not a hockey puck...

And I'm not going to add that feature..making a custom paper gasket for it instead.
76-914
you mean the back of a phone book dry.gif
'73-914kid
nope..i actually bought a roll of gasket paper for this biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
"Charmin" brand gasket paper? wink.gif

If it needs a gasket, it sounds like an engine part. For a Four or a Six?

Sump cover of some kind? Replacement for the Taco Plate? Or the sump plate on a Six? (The machined trench looks like it might fit the pickup or some such.)

--DD
'73-914kid
Haha, im normally that cheap, but it's felpro brand..would not be comfortable to wipe with...haha

It's for a 6... but its not a sump plate.
Mark Henry
cam sensor part?
'73-914kid
Heres a hint. It's a 6 part, but not on the motor...
Mark Henry
OK... a custom oil tank console part.
Mark Henry
Oil filter by-pass and you are doing a remote filter. first.gif
timothy_nd28
Converting your wheels to 3 studs?
'73-914kid
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 26 2013, 09:07 PM) *

Oil filter by-pass and you are doing a remote filter. first.gif

And we have a winner! Yup, it's an oil filter bypass directly at the tank. I am running a 930 oil filter console in the location of the factory oil cooler.

When I built my car and installed my roll bar and long stiffening bars, I ran a bar from the rear shock tower to the roll bar, which passed directly through the center-line of the oil filter location of the stock tank. I did this unknowingly 5 years ago...oops.

So, this is what I came up with. I will have pictures of everything bolted up tomorrow. It fits behind the inner fenderwell and negates the need to drill a hole for the oil filter console.
R8CERX
Pop up headlight mount...
piratenanner.gif
Send my cookie!
McMark
Good reason and nice work on the part. I'd add the o-ring though. wink.gif Just a reason to buy a rotary table.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.