Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Induction pre-heating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
My '72 has the stock oil bath air cleaner. I have a '73 paper element filter coming to replace it. The oil bath has an induction preheating valve on it but from the picture I dont think the '73 has such an animal. Is this finessing with induction air necessary? Or was this an attempt by VW/Porsche to start to clean up emissions? And finally if it is not necessary I suppose that I can just plug the vacum line that controlled the hot/cold/hot/cold flap and have one less vacum line to watch?
confused24.gif
Thanks guys.
Dave_Darling
Plug the vacuum line, ditch the pre-heat. It was only used on 1972 914s, and I'm not even sure that most of those were originally hooked up anyway...

--DD
ThinAir
I did this switch on my 72 and never missed the preheated air intake. I live in cold country and never missed it at all. My only concern was that I needed to block off the tube so that there wasn't a warm air inlet into the engine compartment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.