Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jchoppe
rebuilding a 1971 914 1.7 i dont know if the fuel injection works. Should i stay with fuel injection or switch to carburation? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks Jeff
Eric_Shea
No question... this coming from a guy with carbs. -- "Fuel Injection"

Especially for a 1.7. If you were building a race motor where the demands for fuel were beyond what the FI could deliver, that would be a different story.
brant
This is beat to death.

Carbs will be harder to start. Hurt emissions. Hurt resale. Poor fuel mileage. Loud. But they also will accept A performance camshaft and other high performance modifications.

I have both. It depends on intended use. I prefer the FI for highway and everyday driving. The carbs for wide open throttle and track work.
budk
welcome.png

Learn to use the search function.... this site has an amazing amount of info if you look for it.

Welcome!
Eric_Shea
Oh yeah... welcome.png

biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome Jeff. As much as I love this site, The search function is confusing, hard to use. and incomplete. At least thats my thinking. Probably cause I'm not a computer wizard. Thats why I use what I can understand. Google!!! Try this. I have it saved to my desk top.

https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00240834...772:ajvfxschcgc
mepstein
I had a hot 2.0 with carbs, worked fine, was noisy. I currently have a 1.7 with FI. I'm still learning the system but runs nicely and much quieter, especially with stock exhaust, If you have all the FI parts, keep it stock.
jchoppe
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 27 2013, 08:32 AM) *

Welcome Jeff. As much as I love this site, The search function is confusing, hard to use. and incomplete. At least thats my thinking. Probably cause I'm not a computer wizard. Thats why I use what I can understand. Google!!! Try this. I have it saved to my desk top.

https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00240834...772:ajvfxschcgc

you are right that was very helpful, i also could not find what i wanted using their sear engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.