Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB620
Quick question-- I am in the process of replacing all the fuel and vacuum lines on my 75 1.8. The car still has a decel valve but only has the small vacuum line going into it. Can that possibly be serving any purpose or should I just bypass and run directly to the intake air distributor, removing it entirely. OR... add the two larger hoses and hook it back up. I'm just trying to get a list together to order hoses but it appears that many parts have been removed from my car.
timothy_nd28
My car runs fine without it
ripper911
If you're replacing vacuum lines you might as well buy a full set of new ones.
JB620
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 27 2013, 07:14 PM) *

Just curious- are you suggesting I buy the vacuum kit from AA? At some point the PO had removed the EGR and charcoal canister. Decel valve is still there but only has the small line hooked into it. Seems more practical to buy separately given I only need 3 different sizes from what I can tell, plus the 22 mm hose which looks like doesn't come with the kit anyway. If I have extra remaining I can give it to the guy whose 914 sits along the bike path that I have been trying to encourage to get it running. No???
jesiv
Don't forget to do the injector elbows and the injector seals inner and outr, the oil cap seals, dipstick oring, cold start valve gasket, intake gasket and hoses. After you have all that done clean yor distributor especially the advance plates and make sure the vacuum advance works!! Good luck
ripper911
QUOTE(JB620 @ Jul 28 2013, 01:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 27 2013, 07:14 PM) *

Just curious- are you suggesting I buy the vacuum kit from AA? At some point the PO had removed the EGR and charcoal canister. Decel valve is still there but only has the small line hooked into it. Seems more practical to buy separately given I only need 3 different sizes from what I can tell, plus the 22 mm hose which looks like doesn't come with the kit anyway. If I have extra remaining I can give it to the guy whose 914 sits along the bike path that I have been trying to encourage to get it running. No???

I can't argue with that logic. I was suggesting it because it would usually be a good time to replace them all if you're planning on doing some of them, because they are all most likely old and new ones are never a bad idea.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.