Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT She said if it fit we could drive the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JStroud
We were going to my granddaughters dance recital today and our daughter wanted some things from the garden. The wife said if it all fit we could take the 914.
For those who haven't been to my house, I have 3 acres in the country and plant a small garden every year, and have a few fruit trees.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I pick the garden every morning.....this is what I picked today.

Click to view attachment

And got everything my daughter ordered in ....... we drove the 914. piratenanner.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment

If anyone in the area would like to come by and load up on fruits and vegi's, I'll be home all day Sunday and Monday. I pick the garden every morning, the fruit you pick yourself. If you want to come by call my cell, (916) 834-6574

Jeff
potomacmidget
Wow...that looks great, very impressive.... chowtime.gif
KELTY360
I see a Thanksgiving 914 Cornucopia picture coming. You just need to add a few pumpkins. biggrin.gif
MartyYeoman
My daughter lives in Stockton.
Mind if I send her your way?
Marty bye1.gif
Krieger
drooley.gif Nice work
JStroud
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 27 2013, 08:22 PM) *

I see a Thanksgiving 914 Cornucopia picture coming. You just need to add a few pumpkins. biggrin.gif

Pumpkins won't be ready till october.....I have 2 giant pumpkin plants and 4 jack-o-lantern pumkin plants, should be lots of pumpkins.

Jeff
JStroud
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jul 27 2013, 08:33 PM) *

My daughter lives in Stockton.
Mind if I send her your way?
Marty bye1.gif

Sure, Stocktons close. Probably better to text me, cell coverage here is spotty, texts seem to work better.

Thanks everyone, it gives me something to do when I'm not working on cars.
My wife takes a lot to our hair salon for her clients, but there is still a lot....go big or go home. piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif

Jeff
balljoint
Sharing is the privilege of a successful gardener. thumb3d.gif
Andyrew
Great lookin garden!!
scotty
That looks really awesome!
jeeperjohn56
Hey Jeff, nice looking garden you have a great green hands. John
dale73914
That is the funniest post I have ever seen here.

Awesome effort, glad you got to drive her today smile.gif
rhodyguy
nothing better than home grown. i've been on a serious out of the yard red raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry binge for the past 2 weeks. they turn vanilla ice cream into health food.

k
Mr.242
Drive that to the local farmers market and just open the hood. What a great display!

YUM
dlee6204
Put some of that in the rear trunk and by the time you'd get there, you'd have cooked veggies. chowtime.gif
76-914
Wow Jeff, that's some beautiful produce. I used to have a garden in TX. Great therapy! BTW, I have that piece of carpet that is missing in your front trunk. Won't need it in my conversion. pm if you want it. Just pay shipping.
JStroud
[color=#000099][i]
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jul 28 2013, 01:28 AM) *

Hey Jeff, nice looking garden you have a great green hands. John

Thanks John, drive that blue car over and I'll load your trunk, you know you want to go for a drive. driving.gif

QUOTE(dale73914 @ Jul 28 2013, 03:01 AM) *

That is the funniest post I have ever seen here.

Awesome effort, glad you got to drive her today smile.gif

Well, isn't that the point here, to educate and entertain each other, glad you enjoyed it.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 28 2013, 06:01 AM) *

nothing better than home grown. i've been on a serious out of the yard red raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry binge for the past 2 weeks. they turn vanilla ice cream into health food.

I agree, I've got blackberries....but they rarely make it out of the garden...guess I need to plant more. drooley.gif

k

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 28 2013, 07:27 AM) *

Drive that to the local farmers market and just open the hood. What a great display!

YUM

Thanks, I got it packed in there, and thought the same thing...so I had to take the picture...then had to post it, too funny.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 28 2013, 07:31 AM) *

Wow Jeff, that's some beautiful produce. I used to have a garden in TX. Great therapy! BTW, I have that piece of carpet that is missing in your front trunk. Won't need it in my conversion. pm if you want it. Just pay shipping.

Appreciate the offer, I do have the piece of carpet, took it out when I had the car tore down, was going to repaint the trunk, just keep forgetting to put it back in, even have the glue on the shelf.
After I posted the picture I noticed it, thought oops..that doesn't look so good..oh well.

Thanks again everyone, been enjoying the comments.
Picked more this morning, cooler weather is slowing it down a bit, but with what was left from yesterday, there's still a lot. Plus pears, necterines, and peaches on the trees.

Click to view attachment

Jeff

Spoke
Awesome veggies.

Just don't nail the throttle or jam on the brakes too hard on the ride or you'll end up with a veggie medley.
Bartlett 914
I remember while dating my wife we stopped at the nursery and picked up 2 bales of peat, flats of flowers and a tree rose. It all fit in the 914. We stopped at the grocery on the way home. Imagine the looks we got with one bale ticking out the front. Another bale sticking out the back and a tree rose on the floor on the passenger side. One woman did a double take and came back. "Where's the motor" she asked. Real fun and a great memory
Dr Evil
Bad ass! thumb3d.gif
Drums66
...".The 914 horn of plenty"...looks real healthy!
(ya,teach children to like produce) idea.gif
bye1.gif flag.gif
Rand
Nice gardening! We have been fighting the rabbits and quail. I didn't even suspect the quail until I saw two of them standing on top of my broccoli pecking away at it. Apparently I'll have to build a fully screened-in area to keep the buggers out.
jcd914
I don't have 3 acres, so our garden is a bit smaller, something like 10ft x 20ft and it got started late. We are just starting to get tomatoes now.

We are leave on vacation tomorrow, heading south from Carmicheal and may take you up on the offer and stop in.

Can I get my truck and 26ft 5th wheel trailer in and out of your place.

Jim
JStroud
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jul 28 2013, 02:55 PM) *

I don't have 3 acres, so our garden is a bit smaller, something like 10ft x 20ft and it got started late. We are just starting to get tomatoes now.

We are leave on vacation tomorrow, heading south from Carmicheal and may take you up on the offer and stop in.

Can I get my truck and 26ft 5th wheel trailer in and out of your place.

Jim

Sounds good Jim, I have a big circular driveway with road access on both sides, I've had up to 35' in and out no problem.

I'll be home all day working in the shop, text me when you get close and I'll lock the dogs up and open the gate, I'll save a watermelon for you. chowtime.gif

Jeff
jcd914
Thanks Jeff,
I'll text when near, probably late morning.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.