Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whoa! Dave Gets the Blues!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
Imagine my surprise to see that the Blues Foundation's award for 2013 Song of the Year "I Won't Cry" by Janiva Magness featured Dave Darling!! I'm so impressed, Dave, I had no idea. I'd also never seen a good photograph of him, but here's a whole video of Dave (in the white hat) tastefully strokin' his Gretsch:

Janiva, "I Won't Cry" co-written by and featuring Dave Darling

Multi-talented!

JStroud
Too Awesome, at first I wasn't sure, then he started walking around looking at all the equipment wire harnesses during the song.....gotta be Dave.

Nice find! lol-2.gif

Jeff
914rat
What kind of music do you think a 914 man would play ? Gotta be the blues . Cool stuff and nice find. WTG Dave bringing the blues to the teener people.
pilothyer
WOW !!! You go Dave........Awesome.....I would have never known.
SLITS
Pretty cool, but Damp Dave needs an Olympic Blue Hat to complete the ensemble.
Dave_Darling
Thanks for sharing this! That lady has great pipes, and it's a good song. I'll have to send it around to the family, they'll probably get a grin or two out of it.

BTW, nobody in that video is fat enough to be me... wink.gif

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 28 2013, 07:56 AM) *

Thanks for sharing this! That lady has great pipes, and it's a good song. I'll have to send it around to the family, they'll probably get a grin or two out of it.

BTW, nobody in that video is fat enough to be me... wink.gif

--DD

That DD is the guitar player. Janiva is a great blues singer...
Elliot Cannon
"White people got no business singing the blues, EVER". George Carlin. RIP lol-2.gif poke.gif
aircooledtechguy
pray.gif

That's a great performance of a great song!! CONGRATS!! beerchug.gif
turk22
Did anyone notice that the first comment under the video is "914"

weird...
cwpeden
QUOTE(turk22 @ Jul 28 2013, 06:36 PM) *

Did anyone notice that the first comment under the video is "914"

weird...

Steve is a member here, lovely Signal Orange -6.

This is a shock though. I though Dave was the "Maverick Cellist". http://www.daviddarling.com/bio1.html aktion035.gif
Dave_Darling
That, too.

Plus a stunt-man. And an astronomer. And more...

--DD
DBCooper
Oh.... so.... MULTIPLE personalities? Wow. And a fat stunt man? Double wow.

lsintampa
KUDOS Dave!

cheer.gif
Eric_Shea
Sounds like a Tremolux. wub.gif
jimkelly
nice sunglasses.gif
Drums66
....Catsoutofthebag! poke.gif
hide.gif bye1.gif (righttoprivacyviolated)
euro911
DD King confused24.gif
StratPlayer
Very cool, nice tune..... smilie_pokal.gif
lanker88
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 28 2013, 06:12 AM) *

Imagine my surprise to see that the Blues Foundation's award for 2013 Song of the Year "I Won't Cry" by Janiva Magness featured Dave Darling!! I'm so impressed, Dave, I had no idea. I'd also never seen a good photograph of him, but here's a whole video of Dave (in the white hat) tastefully strokin' his Gretsch:

Janiva, "I Won't Cry" co-written by and featuring Dave Darling

Multi-talented!

I work at Cisco with Dave and thought this was real...I pinged him before watching the video and realizing it was a joke. I started talking to him about music and asking what he plays...fail haha he then proceed to tell me this was a joke. Are there other 914 music people out there? Here's a playlist from my 18 piece big band group: The Anker Big Band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcpAq6h6mY...A99&index=1

Cheers!

-Luke Anker
DBCooper
QUOTE(lanker88 @ Jul 29 2013, 01:06 PM) *

I work at Cisco with Dave and thought this was real...

Here's a playlist from my 18 piece big band group: The Anker Big Band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcpAq6h6mY...A99&index=1

Cheers!

-Luke Anker

Not real? Luke, the blues are REAL, and that ain't no joke! Check with Dave. He's modest, but pry a bit and you'll find he's a stunt man, too! Or was, when he was skinnier.

I usually don't appreciate sheet music bands so much, but I'm now a fan of yours. Is that Ben FONG-Torres? If so how's he doing? Good, I hope, and laughing a lot?

Lots of music here, I recall a sub-set of these folks being in some clown band that got a reputation. Posse? Clown Posse? And Rico Suave, of course, but nobody else can stroke his Gretsh like Dave can!

lanker88
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 29 2013, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(lanker88 @ Jul 29 2013, 01:06 PM) *

I work at Cisco with Dave and thought this was real...

Here's a playlist from my 18 piece big band group: The Anker Big Band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcpAq6h6mY...A99&index=1

Cheers!

-Luke Anker

Not real? Luke, the blues are REAL, and that ain't no joke! Check with Dave. He's modest, but pry a bit and you'll find he's a stunt man, too! Or was, when he was skinnier.

I usually don't appreciate sheet music bands so much, but I'm now a fan of yours. Is that Ben FONG-Torres? If so how's he doing? Good, I hope, and laughing a lot?

Lots of music here, I recall a sub-set of these folks being in some clown band that got a reputation. Posse? Clown Posse? And Rico Suave, of course, but nobody else can stroke his Gretsh like Dave can!

How do you know ben torres? Small world.
euro911
There's quite a few musicians out here.

I played rhythm guitar and background vocals for Uzed Karz back in the '70s aktion035.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 29 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Check with Dave. He's modest, but pry a bit and you'll find he's a stunt man, too! Or was, when he was skinnier.

Skinnier--and about 15 years older. (!! My uncle Dave is a TOUGH OLD MAN!)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.