Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impeller Part missing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I have been cleaning up my parts for my new 2056 install. I was painting the timing marks on the impeller and I noted that there seems to be a part missing on the front of the impeller. Is there not some sort of cone that snaps into the front of the impeller or am I just way off base? If there is a part, anyone know where to get one?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ThePaintedMan
Hey Mike,
I just saw this the other day while scanning the PET:

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...914_KATALOG.pdf

Page 58 shows a little cone that's supposed to go there. I've never seen an engine with one still intact, but BusDepot might have them. P/N 021 119 149
wndsrfr
Nothing else goes there....but be sure to remove the paint where your lock washers seat to maintain the torque on the attachment bolts....
r_towle
It's a cone, plastic.
Vw or porsche should have one, or the usual aftermarket vendors.

Rich
McMark
Yeah, there's a cone. But you'll notice ZERO difference, and you can't see it in the car. Don't bother.
Mblizzard
Thanks. Good points from all. I will be sure to do the clean up of the washer area. I was more concerned with function than form in this area. Thanks Mark for confirming that it has little function. But it is always better to ask.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.