Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UCI Student on Pimp My Ride last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
I know you all watch MTV on sunday nights and saw a UCI student getting "pimped" last night. Well The 240sx owner is active on a UCI car board and also a 240sx board and gave the low down on the process. The thread with the most information is here

IPB Image
IPB Image

It was a sham. He said his interior wasnt that bad before it went on the show, but MTV stripped it before they got to it. The student had put a bunch of money on the engine (which they threw some lights on), interior (which they stripped), and body kits, including a carbon fiber hood. The worst part; he had about 2k worth of electronics and stuff in his car that MTV took and didnt give back AND he is under contract to NOT sell his new stuff. It also took WCC about a month to do the project, and he still doesnt have his car. He said lots of the "suprise" shots were done without the car. Its all in that link above.

And if you watched the show, it was basically a plug for Need For Speed 2.
machina
Hey, the name of the show is "pimp" my ride, what the hell did he expect?
Aaron Cox
i wanted to shoot the kid... 'orange is my favorate color!" well the cars F***ing green!!!! laugh.gif
sanman
He got more than he had at first. he did have some things that were just laying arond in the car he should have got out when X came to get and if he was close to finishing the car why did he want it pimped to began with

ps he was talking about the wheels being orange
Jeroen
huh.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif icon8.gif
ArtechnikA
are those the 'before' or the 'after' pictures ? barf.gif
Stutgart46
It aint showfriends, it's showbusiness.
I am sure that he had to of registered to win. It's his own damn fault. Besides, how smart can he be, he drives an automatic 240SX? wacko.gif
Andyrew
Thats ugly.... They went for the typical ricer steriotype with that one...

here's some pics..
IPB Image

IPB Image

Before shots. I would drive the before.. I wouldnt drive the after.

IPB Image

IPB Image

And what it suposedly looked like...

IPB Image

barf.gif
airsix
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 6 2004, 03:54 PM)

Says the guy with the Moby Dick 935 avatar! I'm actually a big fan of all 935 variants, but I bet our wives would all classify that pimp-junk and our beloved 935 in the same appearance category!

-Ben M.
MattR
The second from the bottom were the "before" pics. I see those two momo seats were replaced by some recovered stock seats... very nice barf.gif
bryanthompson
yikes... X to the Z really outdid himself that time. What was with the three xboxen anyway? I don't think lan party nerds really go along with ricer goons, and I'm saying that as a lan party nerd. I don't think that car could be any uglier.

At least he didn't destroy a VW bus this time. alfred.gif
JB 914
I've always like that Overhaulin show better. They really strip it down to the frame and build it back up. looks like really class A job. The MTV one always seemed like they cut corners. Besides, who needs a friggin fish tank or 3 XBOX in your car anyway?
MattR
To be fair, the bus was destroyed when they got it; the guy tried to cut out windows? And they atleast did a sorta retro job on the bus (empis with a classy paint job) even if they did just bondo the crap outta the roof.

3 boxes are good. Yes, and 6 TVs. Oh, and a body kit so it looks like its going fast! He needs a carbon fiber hood now too so it handles better (gotta keep that weight down!). I bet that car weighs close to 4k lbs now. Way to go X to the Xcessive rolleyes.gif.
Maltese Falcon
That's one of our freedoms here in America, the right to express yourself. I see cars like this in L.A. 24/7 , and it's hard to believe that Nopi can't sell this crap fast enough to the Fast and Furious wannabees barf.gif All we need now is Jerry Springer hosting a CAR show called "Ride my Pimp" headbang.gif
muddboy
Really want to hear a story about overhaulin. Yeah it is a better show than that other one.... but.....

We (the shop I work at) have a customer whos car ended up on overhaulin.... the car wasnt anything great but the guy had sunk a ton of cash into a big hemi motor. It left our shop with 750+ to the rear wheels(really). The show did a great job of making the car look great. But when he got the car back the engine had funny noises(?), and was burning oil. All in a couple Kmiles. He pressed the film crew for answers and found out the some of the "guys" were out in the parking lot when the cameras were not filming.... doing burnouts and doughnuts... and racing the crap out of it.

Now after months of trying to get the money out of the production company (for all the repairs we had to do), He has a nice car and even less money then when they "helped" him.
scruz914
QUOTE(MattR @ Dec 6 2004, 05:18 PM)
To be fair, the bus was destroyed when they got it; the guy tried to cut out windows?  And they atleast did a sorta retro job on the bus (empis with a classy paint job) even if they did just bondo the crap outta the roof.

Matt,

What bus? All I see is a pimped out Nissan. What is missing? I am thinking VW Bus...... confused24.gif

-Jeff
MattR
They did a VW bus a few weeks ago.

(sorry, this is the only pic i could find)

IPB Image
scruz914
QUOTE(MattR @ Dec 6 2004, 11:04 PM)
They did a VW bus a few weeks ago.

(sorry, this is the only pic i could find)

IPB Image

Fom that pic, the bus looks really nice. I did not see the show. Is this the one where they loaded the bus with bondo and kicked out the windshields to put in safaris?
MattR
Yep, thats the one. There were huge rust spots and they actually showed them filling them with bondo.
markb
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 6 2004, 03:54 PM)

agree.gif barf.gif
chikenfajita
what a piece of crap!!! icon8.gif
bryanthompson
This episode is on right now... guy's a total goof.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.