Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dilemma...keep my core 2.7 as a backup?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Getting there on my 3.0 conversion smile.gif
I almost have everything ready to start building the engine. piratenanner.gif

Now, I just got some good news from my crank grinder, I sent in the 2.7 crank from the other core I have here and it came back good w00t.gif
Std/std, inspected, magna fluxed and micro polished.

So what should I do?

Should I keep this as a back-up just in case something (bite your tongue) was to go wrong with my 3.0???
Sell it later once the 3.0 was proven???
Sell the crank now (and get whatever for the 2.7 core)???
Build it and sell it as a complete engine some day??? (Would cost as it needs a full rebuild, no valves, etc.)

It doesn't owe me anything and I'm not desperate to sell it.
Krieger
Sit on it. You don't need the dough yet. Sell it when your 3.0 is good and done.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 29 2013, 01:14 PM) *

Sit on it. You don't need the dough yet. Sell it when your 3.0 is good and done.

I was just about to list it, but now this is kind of what I'm thinking idea.gif
I don't really want to build it to sell it, most likely a money losing idea anyways and if I did sell it I'd want the whole core gone. But for now I may as well keep it till I'm happy with the 3.0

Who knows maybe I'll find a nice 912 to stick it in happy11.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 29 2013, 03:37 PM) *

I don't really want to build it to sell it, most likely a money losing idea anyways and if I did sell it I'd want the whole core gone. But for now I may as well keep it till I'm happy with the 3.0

VW bus engines are always known to be underpowered....

Just putting that out there.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 29 2013, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 29 2013, 03:37 PM) *

VW bus engines are always known to be underpowered....

Just putting that out there.

Nah...with the Gene Berg engine I have more than enough power. In fact I have to rebuild and beef my transmission because the engine is a bit much for it.
Scares the poop out of me to go too fast in the bus anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.