Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever see this seat in a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I ordered one Corbeau GTA Lo-Back seat from a local speed shop after searching the internet for pictures of one in a 914, and not coming up with anything. I like that they have a kind of vintage GT look and are in cloth which should be cooler in the summer. Do you guys think it'll fit or not? I sat in some corbeau's with similar dimension and they were fairly comfortable. In regards to the available Corbeau seats everyone seems to like the Classic II which appairently doesn't fit the back pad, but I believe it's deminsions are larger than this seat. I'm gonna try to mount these as low as possible. If I don't like it I lose my shipping money but I'll probably put it toward a set of the Classic IIs...these seats are only $160 each so I'm loving the price. What do ya'll think?
DougC
Here's the dimensions..
Joe Bob
Looks like it would...looks like a copy of the 914 sport seat.
DougC
This is the only picture I could find of these seats mounted in anything!...happens to be a P car.
lapuwali
I would make doubly certain you can return the seat if you don't like it. I bought a Corbeau A4 once (for a different car), and the supplier sent me a passenger side seat (adjustment handle on the wrong side, fouled the e-brake handle). Said supplier wouldn't take the seat back, and Corbeau didn't want to hear about it, claiming a no returns policy was common.
eeyore
I've seen a corbeau (with headrest) in a 914.

I didn't like it. There was so much layback that it really cut into the fore-aft adjustment. If you look at the picture of the 911(?), the rails are almost level. That wouldn't be the case in a 914 unless you cut out the crossmember, or build in some rear on the mounts.
jwalters
QUOTE(DougC @ Dec 6 2004, 02:30 PM)
I ordered one Corbeau GTA Lo-Back seat from a local speed shop after searching the internet for pictures of one in a 914, and not coming up with anything. I like that they have a kind of vintage GT look and are in cloth which should be cooler in the summer. Do you guys think it'll fit or not? I sat in some corbeau's with similar dimension and they were fairly comfortable. In regards to the available Corbeau seats everyone seems to like the Classic II which appairently doesn't fit the back pad, but I believe it's deminsions are larger than this seat. I'm gonna try to mount these as low as possible. If I don't like it I lose my shipping money but I'll probably put it toward a set of the Classic IIs...these seats are only $160 each so I'm loving the price. What do ya'll think?

cool_shades.gif What supplier did you buy them from--that is what I am looking for too................

Great looking!!! beerchug.gif
DougC
I ordered from a hot rod shop that's local to me. I got there info from a request on Corbeau's website for local dealers, you may do the same and get a deal close to you also. Anyway the name of the place is Racing Zone Superstore in Arlington, Tx. They have a website and are advertising these seats at $159.95 each plus shipping. They don't stock them though.

Doug C
DougC
Oh and I believe this has less of a back angle than the Classic IIs, these being 65degrees compared to 67 on the Classic IIs. So maybe better in that regard, I don't know..

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.