Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
75 914/4 2.0

My fuel pump has just two ports (in and out).

I pulled it out and have it on a bench. When I hook it up to 12V power, it sort of clunks, but I can't hear it other than that.

I have it dry right now. In other words, I don't have a gas supply hooked into it for now.

Aside from a minor clunk that happens quickly when power is first applied, it then stops immediately and there's nothing. I don't hold the power on too long, maybe two to three seconds or so. All I get is a nano second of a clunk - that jerks the pump.

I assume I should hear it running, no?

Thanks,

Len
Cap'n Krusty
Yes. It's probably dead.

The Cap'n
malcolm2
When I bench tested my 2 port pump, I ran gas thru it. Probably not the safest thing in the world to do, but I made it thru it. I would not run anything else thru it if you plan on putting it back in the car.

I did it the same way, but mine did run and pump gas until I pulled the power. Sounds like yours is dead. Short of buying new, you might find someone that is converting to carbs that will make you a deal. They don't need near the pressure the FI cars need.

But you did not say if yours was FI or carbs?

TheCabinetmaker
Dead pump.
ben*james
Edited
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.