Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rear Emblem Position
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mnementh
Hello All,
I have the rear 914 and 1.8 emblems to put on my car, and need some help with locating them on the panel. Does anyone have dimensions as to where these were originally installed (ie, centered on the panel, x" from the tail light, and y" between the 914 and the 1.8) ?
Any help will be appreciated, and the inevitable jokes will be laughed at. laugh.gif Thanks for the help.
TheCabinetmaker
From the rubber seal of the trunk button, mine is 4" to the 914 and 9 5/8" to the 2.0
SirAndy
hmmm, how were they attached on later modles? glue? my rear clip has 3 holes for the mounting pins for the metal lettering ...

idea.gif Andy
mnementh
Good Deal. Thanks for the info. That layout should work great for mounting my emblem. mueba.gif

Now, lets see if I can keep from screwing up the panel when I drill it !!! headbang.gif
TheCabinetmaker
The 75 emblems are black plastic and are glued on. Just checked a 73 2.0 and its in the exact same place. Also checked a 73 1.7L. The 1.7 is 10 1/2" from the trunk button rubber instead of 9 5/8". My guess is the 1.8 is the same as a 1.7.

Curt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.