Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1970 1.7L 914 "roller" with driveline -Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914Gamer
3/15/14 ---Now it's Gone!!!
Thanks 914 World. Donating some money to the site now.
Another Update--- It's still not gone. $900 for a complete car!

Update--- I'd really like to be done with this. So, I've lowered the price. How does $1200 OBO sound?

Actually, it's not even quite a 'roller' since the suspension is off the body, but that is the most helpful description I could think of.

A long time ago, I had the 'brilliant' idea to put a Chevy Small Block engine in a 914 with a Chalon body kit. I bought a car and a bunch of parts and did some work, but didn't get close to done. Fast forward 30 (yes, 30) years, and it is time to give up on the dream.

The Chevy conversion parts are sold. (Thanks 914World community. You've been very helpful and friendly. I plan on making a donation when I get this stuff out the door.) The Chalon kit is for sale HERE. This ad is for the original-equipment 914 parts. Basically, the car is completely disassembled. The car is complete. In fact, I'm sure there are a few spares. Nothing has been 'picked' from it, but it is a pile of parts.

The car was sandblasted and much of it was primed. A frame stiffening kit was welded into the rear suspension. To do this, the rear fenders were cut according to the pattern for the Chalon fenders. (See, this makes it even a BETTER deal to buy both!) Several rust holes were fixed up, but there is probably more to be done.

The driveline ran (poorly) when it was removed from the car. However, that was 25 years ago. It has all been stored in a garage since then, but it hasn't been run at all. The joke is, I was restoring it. Every time the family moved, I re-stored it.

I have a clean Indiana title for the car. It has not been registered (or driven) in many years, but the title is a non-salvage normal title.

I'll answer any questions I can, but I'm not an expert at this stuff and I haven't done anything with it for a LONG time. For example “how badly rusted is the hell hole?” Well, I've seen exactly one. I've never seen one in better condition... 'course, I've never seen one in worse condition either.

Price: $1500 OBO for all of it. I live in Indianapolis, IN. Local pickup is strongly encouraged, almost to the point of mandatory. I'm not an expert at shipping big stuff like this, and it will need to be worth my while to work through all the necessary hoops.

Please feel free to ask questions. It's been a long time, but I'll do my best to provide answers. No, the ladder and flourescent light tube aren't included, but I can probably work a deal for them if you are really intersted. smile.gif

Thanks for looking.

Dave
(editted a couple times because I hit the 'add this' button too quick, pictures weren't included right)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Runman07
Is this still for sale?
Runman07
Whoops double post
914Gamer
QUOTE(Runman07 @ Aug 3 2013, 09:39 PM) *

Is this still for sale?

Yes. It is still quite available.

Just got your PM this morning. I should be able to get back to you later today. Sorry for the delay.

Dave
Runman07
No problem man, whenever is fine. I'm doing training in Spokane, WA right now, so I have time
914Gamer
Bump for new lower price
914Gamer
Bump for lower price
mepstein
Do you have the original steering wheel. I would like to buy it if you do. thanks, mark
914Gamer
Hi Mark,

The car is complete (including steering wheel smile.gif

However, for the moment, I'm not interested in breaking it up and selling pieces. If things change, I will keep you in mind.

Dave

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 8 2013, 11:11 PM) *

Do you have the original steering wheel. I would like to buy it if you do. thanks, mark

mepstein
Thanks beerchug.gif
jpfrogger
Dave, this looks like just what I need. I sent you a private message, please get back to me. I am local to Indy. Thanks, Tom
914Gamer
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.