Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stop the presses Scca Allows factory rear spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thorshammer
L&G,

The competition board has now allowed the factory spoiler for all production cars. Porsche offered a factory 3 inch duck bill looking spoiler for what years and what models. Anyone have a part number this would help agreat deal. You know the one I am talking about. Was it available on the LE cars. It has a slight curvature that follows the trunk left to right and the leading face has a gentle concave curvature to it. Any ideas if this indeed was a factory option for the 914-6 M471?? Help! I need some rear downforce LOL.

Erik Madsen
Thorshammer
Like this:
brant
I didn't think there were any factory spoilers...
I think the pictured one is aftermarket.
I don't think the M471's had a spoiler either, my buddies does not... sorry.

brant
Jeroen
Yep, like Brant says... AFAIK, there never was a factory rear spoiler for the 914
Shitouttaluck I guess...
Thorshammer
UNNNN LUCKY!

Erik
ChrisFoley
I have one Erik if you want to try and get away with it. confused24.gif laugh.gif
gregrobbins
The LEs did not come with a rear spoiler.
anthony
Does that little spoiler even do anything? I talked to someone that put it on a DE/TT/AX 914-6 and they said they couldn't tell any difference.
john rogers
Well, the shop that takes car of my race car tested the rear spoiler several years ago and found there was no effect on the wind going over the rear of the rear trunk. They did this by using lots of pieces of ribbon tapped on the rear of Chris Burn's 914 race car and drive pretty fast with someone watching the rear. Then the spoiler was added and another drive was made and no difference was noted by the observer. Note this was a 914 with a top and windshield still on and it might make some difference on one with the windshield and top cut off like the IMSA cars had done but I don't think the factory ever raced any like that????
machina
On a road race car it will definitely reduce drag and lift at higher speeds. Keeps the rear end from getting loose on long fast sweepers.
Joe Ricard
I think it looks cool and breaks up the yellow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.