Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a vinyl vendor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Okay, so humor me here and (if possible) keep the comments about how lame it is to a minimum. biggrin.gif

We don't have to have a theme, but I thought it would be cool to do a Falken Porsche-inspired livery. My very basic interpretation is below. Since Chumpcar wants a team name, we went with "Falken Awesome."

As we're nearing completion of our Chumpcar build and we'd like to show some love to the vendors that we're supported while building the car, as well as 914World.com. So I need to have 7 vinyl decals made for both sides of the car. I have permission from all of those vendors, and I'd be happy to do the leg work in converting their logos to the correct format to work on the software for the machine. To keep it simple, I'd like to just do them in white.

If anyone has the ability to cut vinyl, of course we'd be happy to display your logo on the car as well. I've asked McMark and Joe Bob, but both of those guys seem pretty busy at the moment. Thanks for your help and suggestions!
ThePaintedMan
I suppose I should have been more specific. Vinyl as in vinyl decals that go on the exterior of the car. Stickers. Decals. That kind. beerchug.gif
r_towle
Nbdgraphics.

mikez.

And as far as not making wise as cracks.....puleeze...
championgt1
George, the Falken paint scheme is genius! beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
Seems that would be easier to do with tape and paint. confused24.gif
ThePaintedMan
Thanks Rich.

The vinyl graphics are only for the sponsor/vendor decals. Something more like this ->

Click to view attachment

We plan to use Plasti-dip to do the green. The paint came out nice enough that I'd like to be able to remove the green after the race and still drive it on the street without looking like a clown car.
carr914
I would do the Green in Green Painters Tape - Won't hurt the Paint, Easy to remove

On the Vinyl, have you ask the Vendors if they have Stickers - I know Tangerine does. Falken should be easy, call a few Tire Places
7TPorsh
You can wrap the whole car too.

http://lacarwrap.grupo-sol.com/
stugray
While on this subject: I am looking for the correct material to cover fiberglass bumpers to look like stock chrome.
What is the correct material?
It has to stand up to the wind without getting pulled off and needs to be flexible enough to conform to the edges.

Stu
ThePaintedMan
Think I might have found a local company that sounds very interested in helping us out, possible even doing a wrap for the green on the front of the car! They even mentioned doing it for free if we display their logo on the car as well. Thanks for the help guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.