Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-wiring fog lights so they work w/o headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
How do you re-wire the fog lights so they work independently of the headlights? Also, can you just change the bulb of these things (1973 style fogs), or do you need to get a sealed type of deal?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ May 21 2003, 09:29 PM)
How do you re-wire the fog lights so they work independently of the headlights? Also, can you just change the bulb of these things (1973 style fogs), or do you need to get a sealed type of deal?

click on "914info" on top of each page on this BBS and read Demick's "Foglight rewiring instructions" ...

Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ May 21 2003, 08:29 PM)
....can you just change the bulb of these things (1973 style fogs), or do you need to get a sealed type of deal?

they come apart....i just redid mine. take off your bumper....unbolt the fog. then i believe you stick a scredriver in the top and split the thing in half, the light bulb then has a little thing that you can take it out of the back.
Dave Cawdrey
Get halogens. Vintage Motor Spares

You want bulb 423H.

Dont thank me, thank Karl Ellzey...
ChrisReale
Thanks all smile.gif flag.gif
Gint
Hey Andy,

Why is it these were never put in the 914 info section? We talked about in the early days of the BBS (maybe even the test version?). The article has some excellent wiring diagrams that should be a good accompaniment to Demick's stuff.

Porsche Panorama, July 1989 - Foglight rewiring article
Bleyseng
Good idea! I have that article saved on my hard drive from years ago too!
Geoff
Demick
QUOTE(Gint @ May 22 2003, 04:44 AM)
Why is it these were never put in the 914 info section? We talked about in the early days of the BBS (maybe even the test version?).

Mike

I added a link to the Panorama article in my instructions (near the top where I list some references).

Demick
Gint
Mike

I added a link to the Panorama article in my instructions (near the top where I list some references).

Demick

icon8.gif Ooops. confused24.gif I hadn't actually read your article Demick. I don't have fog lights.

Nevermind!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.