Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake light trouble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chikenfajita
hello, earlier today my friends told me that my left brake light was out. ok, i went to the closest autozone and i bought a light. after instaling it i noticed that its not working well, when you press the brake pedal both lights light up, but the drivers side is way dimmer than the right side. when i put the headlight on and press on the brake pedal again, the drivers side brake light turns off. please tell me WTF is wrong with it???? thanks. confused24.gif
McMark
Have you cleaned the electrical ground point behind the fuse panel? Start there. Undo the two phillips head screws on either side of the fuse panel and pull it down. Up and to the left you'll see a bunch of brown wires held in place with a nut. Undo the nut with a 10 mm socket and clean the brass/copper part as well as possible and clean the ring connector as well. Sand paper or steel wool work well. Reattach the ground. Sounds like a electrical grounding issue.
chikenfajita
ill do that. see what happends
Dr Evil
Put electrical varnish over all of it when assembled to keep it from corroding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.