Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 6 oil cooler air driven vs fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chad newton
Which cooler or coolers work the best for the track. I'm looking at regular front mounted air driven and also possibly going to fan cooled. I'm assuming regular front mounted work the best for the track but I want to here some opinions of which they perfer and why. Thanks for everyone's help, I do appreciate it.
ConeDodger
Air flow will work fine for the track and open road. Not so much for traffic.
Dave_Darling
You want your cooler to have a good supply of cool high-pressure air. The easiest place to find that is at the front of the car. You also want air to get into the cooler and back out again--so you want the air to be ducted into it, forced through it, and have a nice easy path out, preferably to a low-pressure area.

This is what the factory GT setup did, more or less.

Other constraints can push you in other directions--for instance, I wanted as little impact on the body of the car as I could get, so I went with a cooler under the rear trunk floor. It works for the street, but I wouldn't trust it for a long hot day at the track.

--DD
brant
The fan is a restriction on the track and a benefit in grid lock
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.