Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got pulled over in the teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
cause he only gave me a warning. smilie_pokal.gif

52 in a 40. driving.gif
ClayPerrine
You are lucky.... Where was it?

I got a ticket the weekend after Thanksgiving for 41 in a 30, in Haltom city, in the BMW. mad.gif
sanman
I got pull over a 1.30am with CA 2003 plates, no insurance, one head light (fuse fell out), no registration, no inspection and got off with just a warning
I had just istalled the petronix and had to test drive. I guess the officer understood. smilie_pokal.gif
now thas whit I call lucky driving.gif
charlesmac
I had a real lucky day a while back. It was prolly around 120 in a 70, not ina teener. He told me to slow it down and be carefull. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Pnambic
I got pulled over 4 years ago on Christmas eve for 56 in a 55. I guess someone complained that a BLACK Saturn was weaving in and out of traffic and driving 90+ mph. I was in a GREEN Saturn sedan. Close enough for the cop apparently. Didn't get a ticket for speeding, which I'm sure I could have fought and won....instead, got a ticket for having unsigned registration....my wife's car and she never signed it.

MERRY F*CKING X-MAS OFFICER finger.gif pissoff.gif
Root_Werks
mad.gif I got a ticket in an 87' 911 I owned last year for 65 in a 60. Yeah, you read that right. Piece of doughnut lickin $h!t.

Took that one to court and got it dropped. Dumb-ass didn't file the ticket within 48 hours. Duh. I have a shoe box full of tickets. 90% of them speeding. biggrin.gif driving.gif
Ferg
No ticket for 104 in a 75, about 3 hours into owning my six. I was about halfway between the nevada state line and vegas... nevada state trooper in a z28. I had expried CA tags, the wrong paperwork. I was lucky, he really liked the car, we drove 85 all the way to the strip when he waved, and exited.
Ferg
Aaron Cox
well...i got a parking ticket yesterday laugh.gif 40 bucks! ooooh!
Allan
My son just got a ticket a couple of weeks ago. 74 on a 55 road in the freakin middle of nowhere. I mean not a house or business for miles. $298.00!!!!!!!!
vortrex
I got pulled over for doing a U turn on el camino in redwood city right after getting my 914. did not have a CA license either at the time. got warnings for both.
wheelo
Youuzzzz Guys are LUCKY ! I never catch a break !! laugh.gif

All the Girls sure do !! Just a little, " oh, Officer " and away they go .....

_ wub.gif
teenrookie
You are exactly right. Two weeks ago I got a ticket for doing 50 in a 40 near my house.

My wife was pulled over the same day for doing 55 in the exact same area by the exact same officer and she got a warning.
Meredith
I've been pulled over once. He let me go because I proved him wrong (very politely, mind you). I know most of the speed traps in this area, so I don't have any speeding tickets (knock on wood). Of course, I don't speed anyway. rolleyes.gif

-Mer
Jenny
I have never been let off with just a warning, except for the time an officer pulled me over to ask if I knew my license plate light was out. No, I didn't. Get it fixed. Alright.

I didn't bat my eyelashes, hike up my skirt, or unbutton my shirt. I swear.

Jen
jr91472
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 7 2004, 08:57 AM)
You are lucky.... Where was it?

I got a ticket the weekend after Thanksgiving for 41 in a 30, in Haltom city, in the BMW. mad.gif

Was driving up here in McKinney just south of 380. I think he felt sorry for me because I couldn't afford a 911 laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Thanksgiving this year. doing 90 in a 65. Saw the cop in the median. Slowed down. He flashed his headlights several times. Slowed down some more, but still doin 70 when I passed him. He just sat there as I went by. Whew! pray.gif
teenrookie
Hopefully my wife didn't hike up her skirt either!

She just seems to get much better tratment from the world. She does have the ability to play completely "blonde" when she wants and it seems to get her out of sticky situations. How can I complain, she saved me $300.
McMark
I always hike up my skirt! It's never worked yet though.
Sammy
Last time I got pulled over went like this:
I-40 headed east between Barstow and Needles, Wednesday around 1 pm, light traffic, clear weather.
I was doing 65 on cruise control, posted limit was 70 except for vehicles towing, they get 55.
I was towing a couple of waverunners.
Everyone else on the darn road including the truckers was doing at least 75 and I was doing 65.
I asked for a warning, no dice.
i asked how fast I should be going on a road where everyone was doing at least 75, he said 55.
Asshole.
As it was I was getting passed by everything on the road.
That was the only ticket I've gotten since 1984.
Aaron Cox
ive been lucky many times ohmy.gif

rte 71 is a direct route from my house to my school. NEVER any traffic.... come home late at night doing at least 90..... no one for miles in front or rear. I fly by an onramp....and see familiar headlights closing FAST. im like OH SH** smile.gif and we went on our way at 70 mph
sj914
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 7 2004, 10:40 AM)
I have never been let off with just a warning, except for the time an officer pulled me over to ask if I knew my license plate light was out. No, I didn't. Get it fixed. Alright.

I got pulled over for that same thing. The officer used that excuse to pull me over and start accusing me of being under the influence.
Jenny
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Dec 7 2004, 10:48 AM)
I always hike up my skirt! It's never worked yet though.

Maybe you should try not hiking it up. Or shaving your legs if you do. wink.gif

Jen
ClayPerrine
A friend of mine's daughter got stopped, and she got out of the ticket. She sat there bouncing up and down rapidly. When the cop asked her what was wrong, she said "I really, really, really have to go to the bathroom!!" He let her leave immediately..... biggrin.gif

It kinda pisses me off that most women can get out of a ticket by either playing dumb or sweet talking the cop....... Men, on the other hand, can't do that to a female officer. For some reason it just doesn't work.........
scotty914
i once read a story that was supposed to have been writen by the cop invovled "

a cop was sitting in the middle of no were about to get off of duty, when i brand new corvette flew by doing over a 100, well the cop raced after the car but as he was catching up the car kept going faster and faster. well when the corvette hit a 140 the cop hit his lights and pulled over the car. but being that he was about to get off duty he told the driver if you give me an excuse that i have never heard he would give him a warning. well after thinking for a moment the corvette driver said " well officer my wife just left me for a cop and i though you might have been him trying to bring her back " the cop thought for a second and said "have a nice night and please slow down "

dont lnow if it was true but at least it is funny
Jeff Bonanno
got pulled over in upstate NY doing about 85 in a 55. trooper comes to the window and asks the usual, "why do you think..." "did you know...", etc. then asks where i was going in such a hurry.

my answer "Watkins Glen"

his laughing reply "You driving there?"

got a warning smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
In August of 2003 the day of Barber Dave's Mid West 914 meet in Toledo, I got got stopped on the Indiana toll road just out side of South Bend. I was told I was going 105ish, when asked why I was going so fast I said I just got the car two days before and was on my way to a car club meet. After 30 min or so of talking about cars, he let me go with no ticket. biggrin.gif
mskala
Back in the day I always used to get only warnings (usually
because they just pull over a 914 to see what the heck it
is).

Got pulled over for not having a front plate (in NY). Uh, my
car is registered in PA which doesn't have them (then) Couldn't
get me for that one.

Got pulled over in Ohiondiana as minivans were passing me.
Cop said to keep the speed down since there were high
crosswinds (BS, or then pull over the minivans).

Very soon after getting the first 914, we got pulled over for
72 in a 45 with only a warning. Told him the truth, which is
the speedo cable was broken.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(sj914 @ Dec 7 2004, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 7 2004, 10:40 AM)

I got pulled over for that same thing. The officer used that excuse to pull me over and start accusing me of being under the influence.

Any excuse to check you out.
Dr Evil
James (red-beard) and I were heading up north to the D&G swap meet early one morning. He was driving his new 911 and I was driving my 2.0 914 at the time. My rear window was loose so it was very loud in my cabin, and I was still groggy and just focusing on James two cars ahead of me. All of the sudden, I see something out of the corner of my eye. I turn my head to see a biker cop looking at me through my passenger side window, about 2 feet away from it. Scared the crap out of me. The guy is lucky that I didn't swerve and hit him. He just shook his head at me and sped up to get James. I got on the walky talky and told James to slow down so he pulled in front of a car and slowed, but the cop saw him. The cop warned him and then pulled off of the freeway. We were doing like 85 in a 65.
I wonder how long the cop was on his loud speaker before realizing that I could not hear him. rolleyes.gif
brp914
Friday, after work, cruizing 85 thru Pasadena on the 210. Instantaneously, out of nowhere, red lights in the rear view. ohmy.gif
I begin to pull over. Had to suddenly pull back into the fast lane. There was a body in a body bag lying in the road! Almost hit it! ohmy.gif barf.gif Then I see a ambulance stopped on the side of the frwy. I surmised the body fell out the back. The CHP backed off. I continued on. beer.gif
gregrobbins
Middle of nowhere in the Arizona desert. Got clocked on radar doing 105 in a 55 zone. He was new to the beat and had to have 10 hours of radar experience before he could wirte tickets. I was pulled over in his 7th hour. Invited me to sit in the car with him, see how the radar worked and shared his coffee with me.

Nice guy, and damn was I lucky. biggrin.gif
ematulac
I stopped counting my speeding tickets after the 14th one. I've never been pulled over in the 914, although I've deserved it many times. I haven't had a speeding ticket in the last 4 years ... coincidentally, today is my 4 year wedding anniversary. I guess getting married and having kids was the only way to slow me down!

biggrin.gif
Brando
No tickets. biggrin.gif

I do like to tempt/tease cops whenever I'm at an intersection. laugh.gif
MarkG
All the years I've owned/driven a modified 240Z, a 911 and a Ferrari, all of which I drove all over Calif and the southwest, only time I've ever been pulled over was while driving an unmarked patrol car (back in my LE days) with the lights off in an industrial area middle of the night......knock on wood!!!!
wheelo
Great Stories...here's one....
I actually got pulled-over on my bike (pedal) late one night, I used to ride a lot in college (no DUI's) and this night I was pretty high too... So, The officer red lights me,
and I pull-over to the curb, put the kickstand down.... "what's the problem" says I ..... the cop says, " nothing, I just wanted to compliment you, for having all the proper lights and safety equipment on your bike"...
wacko.gif I was speachless..... He went on to tell me about some "accident" that he had responded to, and how he wished,"that everyone would put the proper equipment on their bikes".... he went on...and...on ...
I felt kind of sorry for the guy... but at the same time, he was FREAKN-ME-OUT !... at two in the morning.... so I kept nodding and saying, ahh Huuuh, thanks officer .... then just slipped-away.... peddling the rest of the way home!
True Story... hope he got help ....

cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.