Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flasher Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
75 914/4 2.0 FI

Yet another "aftermarket" part that fails to meet the task. I don't understand how vendors say this part is compatible with your car - when indeed it is not. Seems to be an ongoing challenge for me.

Does anyone have a part number of a flasher relay that works correctly (doesn't buzz constantly - or have other erratic tendencies)?

I don't care if it is Porsche part, or aftermarket for that matter.. just one that works as it should.

JeffBowlsby
I have a bag full of turnsignal/hazard flashers Len. You should make a list of things you need so I am not running the post office every other day HA!

But seriously, a relay should not buzz...maybe its some other issue? Have you cleaned all contacts, and grounds? checked the voltages at the relay base? Checked/cleaned replaced fuses?

lsintampa
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 5 2013, 03:49 PM) *

I have a bag full of turnsignal/hazard flashers Len. You should make a list of things you need so I am not running the post office every other day HA!

But seriously, a relay should not buzz...maybe its some other issue? Have you cleaned all contacts, and grounds? checked the voltages at the relay base? Checked/cleaned replaced fuses?

I don't have all the grounds connected for sure. My dash is out, as are all the instruments, so I'm sure there are harness grounds not attached.

I would think (always a bad idea) that the flasher relay should work properly though. It is aftermarket - so maybe that's the deal. Wittrin or some such thing. It comes up as being for the 914 - in fact the part number is 914-618-303-11

IDK, maybe it's just me. But the thing buzzes with power on - clicks as you'd expect with blinkers and or four-ways on.

Part is available from either AA or Big Bird and they both claim it is OK with the 914.

This is sort of a re-post of one I posted a little while ago. Was directed to a thread on the Pelican board that talked about this issue, but I didn't see that it really matched my situation - or maybe it did and I didn't understand it.

I'll hold it until I get more ducks in a row.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.