Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Ferdinand, 1947
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Our fearless leader, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche was released from a French prison, on this day 66 years ago.
His incarceration was due to the French government finding him guilty of war crimes during ww2.
At least Werner von Braun got past all that war crime bs and put our space program into high gear. I wonder if the good doctor was swept up back then with all of the other engineers, scientists, and technical minds by our government....if the Porsche brand would have a U.S.A. HQ way before Reno and Atlanta of today?
Drums66
Thankyou... for the tidbit idea.gif (happy anniversary Ferd)
glad he made it out of the HELL HOLE!! poke.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 5 2013, 07:08 PM) *

Our fearless leader, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche was released from a French prison, on this day 66 years ago.
His incarceration was due to the French government finding him guilty of war crimes during ww2.
At least Werner von Braun got past all that war crime bs and put our space program into high gear. I wonder if the good doctor was swept up back then with all of the other engineers, scientists, and technical minds by our government....if the Porsche brand would have a U.S.A. HQ way before Reno and Atlanta of today?

I think you are doing humanity a disfavor by calling war crimes "BS". I'm sure the slave laborers who worked in the factories under his direction would not agree with your assessment.

Don't let your zealotry for a car brand allow you to overlook the human factor of what occurred. A huge number of people died in the war either as innocent victims or trying to end the war. Time has the effect of mitigating the true horrors of what happened. Let's celebrate the car....but, certainly don't deify the man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.