Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raising Headlighrts Manually
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
While I was raising the driver's side headlight on my parts car, the black knob actually came loose and started to unscrew.
I'm thinking a bit of Loctite on the threads would help, but I don't want the knob permantly attached. Any ideas on what I can do?
ClayPerrine
If the knob came loose, then you are turning it in the wrong direction. Reinstall it and remember to only turn it clockwise.
JWest
The motor only turns one way in operation.

Just screw the knob back on, when it bottoms out, it will turn the motor. Keep turning, the headlight will go up, down, up, down, ad nauseum.
Eric_Shea
You're turning it the wrong way.

It's a constant turn motion (in the other direction). If you keep turning it the headlight will come up and then back down and then up again, etc.

Just screw it back on and keep turning in that direction.
Eric_Shea
Bing, bing, bing... and they were all qucker typers than I biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
screw the knob back in and keep turning. it's a lefty tighty affair.

kevin
rhodyguy
biggrin.gif .

kevin
Eric_Shea
Next? laugh.gif
rhodyguy
the posting times should be listed in seconds as well as minutes.

pointer finger typist
STL914
I had the light partially raised when it came loose. Threaded it back in and after several attempts to raise it more, gave up and lowered it to original position.

It's a constant turn motion (in the other direction). If you keep turning it the headlight will come up and then back down and then up again, etc.

Did not know that, I'll try again.

Thanks to all for the rapid response. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(STL914 @ Dec 7 2004, 09:52 AM)
While I was raising the driver's side headlight on my parts car, the black knob actually came loose and started to unscrew.

just turn it the other way biggrin.gif
Flat VW
Nuts, headbang.gif
Someone asked a question that I actually knew the answer to and I missed it! mad.gif
STL914
Someone asked a question that I actually knew the answer to and I missed it!

OK, here's one for you:

It's my lunch hour at work here in St. Louis. Are all of you
other guys at lunch too or just surfing the web while the boss is away from his desk?
SirAndy
QUOTE(STL914 @ Dec 7 2004, 10:34 AM)
It's my lunch hour at work here in St. Louis. Are all of you
other guys at lunch too or just surfing the web while the boss is away from his desk?

i'm my own boss, so technically, my boss is *always* at my desk.

i'm not sure if that is a good thing ...
idea.gif Andy
Root_Werks
Work? You know the average person only works 3.4 hours in an 8 hour day. What do you think I do for the other 4.6? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.