Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Ford 2002 Thunderbird with 258 orig. miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Attn: Ford experts.

A local contacted me about a new 2002 Ford Thunderbird with 238 orig. miles stored since factory new, they want to sell & asked me if I wanted it. The (older) person purchased it then never put it on the road. It's Torch Red with the optional black/red leather interior. It also has the optional hardtop & soft top & fully loaded.

What is this car worth??? How much would you offer??
Is it collectible?? stirthepot.gif These two seat birds were mfg'd 2002 thru 2005.

Tom
SirAndy
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Aug 6 2013, 12:50 PM) *
How much would you offer??

Go here, select the options the car has and look for the 'See private party value':

http://www.kbb.com/ford/thunderbird/2002-f...134026375918340

shades.gif
monkeyboy
With that low a mileage, I would try to get them to take it to an auction. Someone will see it as a collectable.
Ferg
It's only collectible if you plan on keeping it pickled for the next 20 or so years, and even at that it's not going to offer a huge return, they made to many of them...

It's a low 20k car that will quickly become a high teens car when 1,000 miles is put on it.

If it were me and I wanted it as something to use and enjoy, I'd offer 18k. Does he have both tops?

If I were looking for something to collect and appreciate I'd keep looking.
Tom_T
Tom,

Try the NADA car pricing too for it & do the mileage adjustment. They seem to be more accurate than the KBB/Kelley Blue Book folks, & their NADA Classics' 914, 911, etc. pricing is very close to Hagerty's.

I agree with FERG though, it's a way's off before it's a collectable, & another 14 years to even be considered a "Classic" at 25 years old! sad.gif

There are also some T-Bird affinity sites out there too to check out.

IMHO - they were neat cruising cars & nice looking retro-redux! smile.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
bulitt
I think they are butt ugly, but the people that like them love them. Some have original 55's and they are afraid to drive them so they drive the heck out of these models. I agree with the auction!
Ferg
U can look up book pricing, but it may not be the real picture.

Talk to a few dealers, look at the sold's on ebay, (not the asking or buy it now, but search completed listings) and have them get quotes on % an decent collector auction will charge and the hassle involved.

You are in the right area for that type of car, pm me as I have connections in GR if you want to help them out vs buy it for yourself.

Ferg
TJB/914
Thanks guys,

I agree they are butt ugly, but a great cruising DD with 20" wheels and lowered with a few body adjustments. I'll low ball it and see where it goes. I really don't need one, but if the price is right I'll buy it. w00t.gif

Tom
DBCooper
I see Edsels are beginning to pick up in value.
TJB/914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 6 2013, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Aug 6 2013, 12:50 PM) *
How much would you offer??

Go here, select the options the car has and look for the 'See private party value':

http://www.kbb.com/ford/thunderbird/2002-f...134026375918340

shades.gif

QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 6 2013, 04:54 PM) *

It's only collectible if you plan on keeping it pickled for the next 20 or so years, and even at that it's not going to offer a huge return, they made to many of them...

It's a low 20k car that will quickly become a high teens car when 1,000 miles is put on it.

If it were me and I wanted it as something to use and enjoy, I'd offer 18k. Does he have both tops?

If I were looking for something to collect and appreciate I'd keep looking.

Good info.
I'll throw out a lowball $18K & see what happens.
Tom
PanelBilly
My GF thinks they look good. She likes my looks too. Hey, I don't like the direction this is leading me..........

These are really great looking cars!
Chris H.
If it still has 300 miles on it in 20 years it will qualify for the "what's Ferg watching on e-bay" thread over on NARP...might be worth the wait Tom...
Ferg
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 6 2013, 05:59 PM) *

If it still has 300 miles on it in 20 years it will qualify for the "what's Ferg watching on e-bay" thread over on NARP...might be worth the wait Tom...

laugh.gif
r_towle
Dealer retail is 9700.00

Offer him 7500
carr914
My Next Door Neighbor had one (the Hardtop never came off) - his Wife loved it, he didn't like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.