Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire harness into engine bay gromette......what to do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
993inNC
I've searched here and it seems that the large grommet that surrounds the wire harness as it exits the lower fire wall is not available...........anywhere!! headbang.gif
So who has the fix for this? I found a perfect grommet for the hole above that location where the harness splits, but they don't work coming out of the lower FW

Anyone got any ideas? I even look into the possibility of maybe a Boxster grommet of some kind (the new 914)......they don't seem to use a harness that big coming through the FW.
JeffBowlsby
914rubber.com has these now. Excellent quality.
993inNC
Sent them an email and sent a request through the site. Are they not quick to respond? Hobby business?
ThePaintedMan
Mark has a TON of stuff on his plate. 914Rubber started as a hobby for him, but I believe quickly turned into a business on the side of his main architectural supply company.

Give him a little time, he's a good guy with great products at awesome prices. I doubt he makes much at all off of us in this community, but he is dedicated to helping us out!
JeffBowlsby
You might also get it off of his ebay sales: maybe quicker response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...tr#ht_253wt_729
993inNC
Thanks Jeff, I've sent him a msg thru Evilbay too. Hopefully he responds soon, I need a ton of stuff.
stugray
Not a stock harness but one option:

IPB Image

Three layers of 1/8" rubber cut like a Pacman, wrapped around the harness (facing alternating left/right/left), then sandwiched to the firewall with another pacman made from sheet metal.

Motivated by this design:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productse...roduct=4336-005

Stu
993inNC
hmm, that's not the worst for an alternative. I'm trying to keep as factory as I can. And heard from Mark at 914 Rubber last night after sending him an Evilbay msg. Had a nice chat and he's going to work with me on putting a package together of all the parts I need to finish the car....his harness grommet/boot included.

Great idea though, thanks. And I hadn't been on Pegasis' website in years!
JamesM
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 7 2013, 03:54 PM) *

Mark has a TON of stuff on his plate. 914Rubber started as a hobby for him, but I believe quickly turned into a business on the side of his main architectural supply company.

Give him a little time, he's a good guy with great products at awesome prices. I doubt he makes much at all off of us in this community, but he is dedicated to helping us out!

I assumed he is getting overwhelmed, I have been waiting 3 weeks with no response from him about a purchase. Ordered a bunch from him in the past and he has always delivered though so ill just keep waiting. Sounds like he might need a little help managing front end communication.

Mikey914
Thanks guys
I appreciate the understanding. I just recently completed the cascade lakes relay last weekend , and found out the week prior that my assistant Cheryl has taken a position with a company she has worked for before. They basically headhunter her.
Now Eric has been offered a full time position at a company he's been working for on the side.
I've got a new guy Ryan I've been training as a backup and to expand. Now I've hot to bring him up to speed and downs more time shipping myself. Not a huge deal, but I'm starting another candidate next Monday too. Do a lot of unexpected changes.
Thanks for your patience,
Ill have this all up and humming along shortly.

Meanwhile ill be working on this myself for the next 3 days getting caught up.
Mark
ThePaintedMan
Mark,
You're a helluva guy. I, for one, won't even look anywhere else for rubber products, among many of the other things you make for our cars, than 914Rubber. Sorry to hear about all the headaches that expanding has caused, but glad your business is giving you a reason to. beerchug.gif
mskala
aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.