Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's Running!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
WEll...I did it! I re built my first engine, a 2 Liter TYpe 4 and it's running cool and smooth! Just need to fine tune things and I will drop it off the stands a away I go!

QUESTION: I ran the car for a while at about 2000 rpm. How soon must I adjust the valves and I assume I should change the oil in about 500 or should I do that asap?

Oh i have a teeny leek but it's nothing serious. What do you expect from my first laugh.gif
Stutgart46
Good job. smilie_pokal.gif
If you had to do it again, what would you do different?
GaroldShaffer
Excellent. smilie_pokal.gif
Rhodes71/914
So what ended up being your ignition problem? Was the dizzy 180 deg off.
URY914
So what was the problem that it won't start???

Paul
newdeal2
I have the dizzy in wrong and had to move the wires over 1 space. My Porsche Mech/Friend [Frank Eibell, he did the heads and crank work]will fix it when he does my valve adjustment. He told me to run it in for about 500 miles and bring it by so he can do a once over. I am going to check the compression now...I am a glutten you know!

This is so cool! cool.gif
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Cool! Show us pics! smilie_pokal.gif
newdeal2
Oh, by the way...thanks to all of you. I couldn't have done it with out this club!

If I had to do it again I would bump up the the bore. For now I went with flat tops and a Jake Raby cam. Hope it all stays together.

It revs strong! A monster compared to the tired old one I had in it from the PO. I imagine it will pull a lot stronger too biggrin.gif
newdeal2
Pics on the way...just charging the batteries.
Demick
Change oil now, and then again at 500 miles.

Congratulations!
Demick
newdeal2
Just checked the compression...130+ on all 4

Plugs are OK...a little rich but that's OK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.