Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Fog Light Help Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
It wasn't that long ago I pulled these things off, but I can't figure out a couple of things on them. After struggling for a few hours on these, I decided to ask the world. First, the mounts are slightly offset from the center of the housing...how do I know which is left and which is right?

Click to view attachment

Secondly, I have 8 spring clips laying on the work bench & can't figure out where they go and what they hold:

Click to view attachment
ezbngreen914
Click to view attachment
green914
I don't know if this will help you blink.gif these are pictures I took of a fog lamp as it was taken apart.
green914
In the reverse order.
green914
I think you can see where the clips go in this pic.
green914
smile.gif This is split open just after removing the screw at base of the lamp.
Mikey914
The only thing you are missing is the rubber seal around the glass. You may have this on yours, but it is necessary to keep water out.
green914
When it goes back together it is important to have the bulb receptacle lined up with the bottom of the bulb pointing at the square-cut-out on the back of the front cover.
Katmanken
Where do you get the wire clips? About half of mine disintegrated into rust chunks and the rest are really pitted.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Katmanken @ Aug 6 2013, 06:18 PM) *

Where do you get the wire clips? About half of mine disintegrated into rust chunks and the rest are really pitted.

Ask, someone will have a stack sitting around!

I might have a few.
saigon71
Thanks for the responses. The pictures were a huge help! beerchug.gif I would highly recommend safety glasses when putting these clips back in. One of the clips got lost during installation, never to be found again, so one fog light is held in with three of them. Put the fog lights back on with new gaskets from 914rubber:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.