Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More good press
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Really nice article by Allan Caldwell in this months panorama.

Charts, tables, pictures.

I think there is a 914 renaissance happening.
Root_Werks
I can remember meeting Alan some 12 years ago at one of the PNWR events. Really nice guy who has contribuated much over the years. I saw him at the PCA/PNWR Whistler Event in August. He is getting pretty old. Didn't say much, didn't remember me (surprised me a little) but seemed like he had a great time.

If anything thinks "Dr 914" knows 914's, talk to Alan if you ever get a chance. He puts the good Dr. to shame, easily. biggrin.gif
Mike D.
You already have your December Pano?!? Damn, I never get mine until around the 16th, 17th of the month, seems to get later and later. Has anyone else noticed less and less useful information in Pano? Don't get me wrong I still enjoy reading it...
Anyway, can't wait to see the 914 content.
-Mike D.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 7 2004, 12:02 PM)
Has anyone else noticed less and less useful information in Pano? Don't get me wrong I still enjoy reading it...
Anyway, can't wait to see the 914 content.
-Mike D.

Alan is a great guy, and always helpful. You are right on the money about his knowledge of 914's. Last time I saw him, at the Dixie Tech in AL, he said to do a article about my corrosion treating process and he'd get it in Pano.

Yea, I'm a PCA member, but Pano is turning into a Porsche propoganda publication. With all the clout PCA has with Porsche, you'd think you'd see more about some of the problems with the newer cars.

Look through some of the vintage articles in the "Upfixin Der Porsche" series, and THAT will give you a taste of what Pano used to look like. Great stuff there too.
URY914
It takes me about 20 minutes to read it cover to cover including the classifieds.

The WWW has replaced it.

Paul
Steve
The only thing good about PCA is the club discounts at various places including the Porsche dealer and Performance Products.
John
The only thing good about PCA is the club discounts at various places including the Porsche dealer and Performance Products.

Now I wouldn't go quite that far.

I believe that it depends greatly upon the region you are in. My region, like most, has the good with the bad, but they do put on DE events and Club Races. (that is about all I'm involved with as I don't care for most of the "social" gatherings)

I do miss the technical articles from PANO from the past, but I think that we (the owners that actually work on their cars) are a dying breed, and PANO is reflecting that in thier publication.

As far as any "new" articles in PANO about 914's go, my thoughts are that someone wants to create a boost in value of 914's so that they can sell their car at a premium..... just my $0.02
zabo
I would love to read the article. And, since I am currently only an owner wannabee, I dont get the mag.
If any of you have access to a scanner and could send me a copy of this article, I would be quite thankful.

email me direct -- mslayden@tractorsupply.com
anthony
What's the PCA discount at Performance?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.