Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got backed into last night...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Well, after driving the 914 for 5 years, I guess it was bound to happen...I came out to my car last night with a broken taillight lense, and the corner of the fender kind of pushed in a little bit. It was very local damage, but it just kind of sucks. There also were tire marks like they did a burnout as they left in the hope that they could get away before someone saw them.. Guess I need to find a quart of this yellow and fix all the other small dents and paint chips..

Click to view attachment

Yes, those were French taillight lenses that got destroyed.. For anyone reading this I'm looking for a driver side Euro lens to try and fix this one...
ThePaintedMan
mad.gif

That SUCKS Ethan! As scary as it is in traffic at times, I am always most worried about my car when it's just sitting there in a parking lot.

Hope you get away without too much financial damage. Will insurance cover that?
'73-914kid
I'm not even sure it's worth reporting to my insurance to be honest.. I have other taillight lenses, and the paint needs to be done on the whole car anyways.. Just kind of is demoralizing..
sean_v8_914
so it drives now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.7 bliss
toolguy
It's worth reporting to the police. . They left an accident scene. See if there were cameras in the area. . The cops can get the film. . . you'll be surprised to find out what looks like just a little bit of damage will cost to be fixed at a reputable shop. . and the fact you had French lens make it almost impossible to replace.
'73-914kid
I was parked at Target in vista.. I know the store manager and asked him if any cameras had a view of where I parked, and there was nothing that even come close. (I always park at the back to avoid shopping carts)

Vista Sherrifs could care less about this.. My mom had the same thing happen to her and she called them.. they said they'd take down a report, but that "nothing ever comes of it" so I'm not gonna waste my breath with them..

I'm just gonna repair the lens using an old one..got to save the amber reverse light lens..
Mr.242
And this is why everyone needs 'uninsured motorist' on their policy.

I can tell you the courts do not hold perps accountable for their actions, deemed a CIVIL MATTER.

headbang.gif so sorry....if you can take matters into your own, I certainly would NOT handle them in any civil manner. AND if you ever see this happen. Be a good witness for the next person. Get a plate AND description of the driver. Tickets don't go to license plates, they go to drivers....
mrholland2
Even that doesn't always help. A while back (1993ish) I was sitting peacefully in a 1980 Dodge Mirada and was rear ended by a drunk driver in a 4x4. I not only got the LP #, description of the truck, and description of the driver. . I followed him home and then called the police.

The answer? Well, he said it wasn't him. And to top it off, my Iowa driving record said I was involved in a hit and run which was interpreted as I did the hitting and running.

Totaled the car. . . uninsured motorist doesn't cover an accident like that. I'm just glad I wasn't in my 92 Grand Am or I wouldn't be griping about it! That damned truck would've decapitated me and that car.

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Aug 7 2013, 12:06 PM) *

And this is why everyone needs 'uninsured motorist' on their policy.

I can tell you the courts do not hold perps accountable for their actions, deemed a CIVIL MATTER.

headbang.gif so sorry....if you can take matters into your own, I certainly would NOT handle them in any civil manner. AND if you ever see this happen. Be a good witness for the next person. Get a plate AND description of the driver. Tickets don't go to license plates, they go to drivers....

76-914
Well that sucks. Just look for a turd driving a car and pull 'em over
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.