Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater box cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bla8310
I have finally figure out how the heater box valves work by laying under the car...The interior of the car gets hot quickly here in Chicago.
The cables were not attached to the boxes under the car. Both valves seemed to work but not really easily. However it also looks like I can pull the cables out if I pulled...so I am thinking the cables are not attached to the interior red lever? (how much cable should be extra once I have everything attached.)
Unfortunately when I was cleaning up the interior and putting in new carpet etc, I did not pay any attention to the red heat lever and if the cable was connected. Before I start removing the middle seat pad, carpet etc to get at the lever, can someone give a brief description of the process for getting at.. were the cables enter the center tunnel?

Its a 73 2.0l with the center gauges and center console with the pad.

thanks
Brad
Mblizzard
Maybe I missed something but I would pull on the cables first to see if they are attached before taking anything out. Or you could have someone sit in the car and move the red lever while you looked at the cables from below the car. If they don't come out when you pull and you can establish the red lever moves the cables you should be good just to hook them up.

I think the default position on the flaps for the heater should be closed. So if you are getting heat with the flaps in the closed position then there may be a hole in the flap or they may not be closing completely. They are easy to remove and inspect.
rhodyguy
valves should be closed in the default position. the interior valve springs may be broken, the interior valve door seals gone, or they are in need of lubrication. to cool things down on a temporary basis mix the heated air with outside air and direct the air to the defrost vents. unbolt the heat lever on the console and see of the wire is connected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.