Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rearview mirror pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Doh!
So after re-gluing this thing a couple times now, I've decided that the pad itself is now too worn away and doesn't provide enough of a "foot" for the adhesive to stick to.

I've looked online at several vendors for the pad itself, example:

http://www.automotion.com/interior-mirror-...-1966-1977.html

And I can justify spending $3 for what looks to be basically double-sided tape. But I cannot justify $8 in shipping charges!

Does anyone know of a vendor who will ship this thing in an envelope, the way it logically should? Or am I over-thinking this and I should just go get some actual double-sided tape, then glue it back to the windshield?
bulitt
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 7 2013, 08:12 PM) *

Doh!
So after re-gluing this thing a couple times now, I've decided that the pad itself is now too worn away and doesn't provide enough of a "foot" for the adhesive to stick to.

I've looked online at several vendors for the pad itself, example:

http://www.automotion.com/interior-mirror-...-1966-1977.html

And I can justify spending $3 for what looks to be basically double-sided tape. But I cannot justify $8 in shipping charges!

Does anyone know of a vendor who will ship this thing in an envelope, the way it logically should? Or am I over-thinking this and I should just go get some actual double-sided tape, then glue it back to the windshield?

Put your girlfriend in the car, drive her to an auto glass replacement center, have her walk in, smile and ask for one. Bet its free.
McMark
Good to know there are still some CSOB 914 owners. Theyre a bit of dying breed. av-943.gif

I can send you one, but you owe me a beer. Send me your address.
GeorgeRud
Back in the day, I was told by a Porsche parts manager to use two of them stacked to mount the mirror. I did that 30 years ago and it's still holding fine.

You might check with the Porsche dealer, it may not be all that expensive through them. lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
Or get a different mirror.? evilgrin.gif
Eric_Shea
It cost me more than $3 to read this...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 8 2013, 04:37 AM) *

It cost me more than $3 to read this...

lol-2.gif
ThePaintedMan
The $3.00 for the part wasn't the issue. It was the shipping that confused me. confused24.gif

It's a lot easier for you California guys. You have suppliers with those kinds of things in stock. Paying a total of $12 or more for something that amounts to double sided tape is a common thing for those of us over here. Every once in awhile I try to ask before I order. poke.gif
Eric_Shea
Speaking as a vendor... sometimes our web sites aren't as friendly as they should be. My shopping cart engine does a "decent" job of getting shipping correct "if" I enter the size and the actual weight of the product. Small things like that are impossible.

Best to call and ask if something looks strange. That should ship at $2.92 with an additional couple of bucks added to pay for the envelope and the guys time to pick and pull etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.