Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilding rear calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
"For those up to the task, we offer front and rear caliper rebuilding kits. Please note: Porsche does not recommend splitting the calipers for rebuilding. Due to this, the caliper halves seals are not included in the factory rebuild kits." - pelican

So whats the dealio? Where do I get the caliper half seals?

Sorry for not searching, but I have finals tomorrow and trying to study and I need to order this stuff today so I can get it on friday. Im planning on rebuild 8 calipers on friday (with aaron's help).
Dave_Darling
I think we now can get the caliper half seals. Call up and talk to a real human; Tom Gould told me a while back that we now have those seals as well.

GPR also carries them, I think.

--DD
jim912928
GPR does for sure as I just purchased mine from them
anderssj
Matt,

AA has 'em--but mine took almost 2 weeks to get from Atlanta to VA ("caveat emptor").

Best,

Steve A-
IronHillRestorations
Here's my kits, with the caliper half O rings. I have them in stock for immediate shipment. They don't come in boxes now though. The socket head inner adjuster cover and seal ring shown in the pic are a few bucks extra.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.