Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish me luck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Doing a windows upgrade tonight ohmy.gif We were told we are missing some windows OS things and they dont make 98 anymore. unsure.gif If you never hear from me again send out the puter geek squad.
Qarl
At first, I thought you were doing something to your car... like putting a new winding mechanism in, lubing, replacing weather seals...

I was confused until I read further...

blink.gif
bryanthompson
Make sure you bring some linux install disks so when you all get frustrated out of your minds you can just throw linux on and be done.

or, the disks can just sit on the desk and mock you. bwahaha. :finger2: biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Dec 7 2004, 04:22 PM)
throw linux on and be done

huh? you obviously never did a linux install before ....

biggrin.gif Andy
bryanthompson
The only people that don’t like Linux are those who grew up on windows and can’t figure things out on their own, so they try Linux, get sufficiently frustrated, and go crying back to windows.

NERD FIGHT!!

:finger2: biggrin.gif
spare time toys
SUCCESS Idid it. smilie_pokal.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Dec 7 2004, 08:13 PM)
The only people that don’t like Linux are those who grew up on windows and can’t figure things out on their own, so they try Linux, get sufficiently frustrated, and go crying back to windows.

NERD FIGHT!!

bs.gif bs.gif bs.gif

Linux... OS for nerds that only a nerd can ever understand. I know, I are one..... I can install any UNIX, LINUX, Novell Netware, or Microsoft OS out there.

Want to try an experiment? Set your Grandmother down with a copy of Linux and see if she ever can get it installed.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Dec 7 2004, 06:13 PM)

NERD FIGHT!!

oooo.... becareful.... huh.gif your poking a stick in a bears cave.... ohmy.gif Your gunna get an ass whippin... spank.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Dec 7 2004, 06:13 PM)

nice try ...
i had a sun sparc long before my first PC, i installed unix/solaris/linux numerous times.

my point simply was:
The only people that don’t like Windows are those who grew up on Linux and can’t figure things out on their own, so they try Windows, get sufficiently frustrated, and go crying back to Linux.

laugh.gif type.gif Andy

PS: i'm a computer guy. i work with all of them. you name it, i worked with it.
SpecialK
Installing Windows is easy......but I recommend tinting them prior to installation........huh huh.gif . Oh I'm sorry, I thought I was logged onto the 914 club.....silly me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.