Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recent Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
driving.gif aktion035.gif That looks fun!
tscrihfield
Very interesting! Cool build!

Thomas
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Aug 8 2013, 02:19 PM) *

Those motor mount brackets look scary huh.gif

Trust me, they are strong.
RFoulds
Exhaust outlets look too small. smile.gif
jimkelly
sweet and nice garage too wub.gif
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 8 2013, 02:03 PM) *

driving.gif aktion035.gif That looks fun!

Thanks Ferg. Can't wait to get it to the track driving.gif
d914
If this is the right guy,,,,, you should see the trailers he builds,,,,

Hey how are ya,, I met you with bob! At the Mitty... How about a couple more pics of the rear spoiler?.. Sheridan right? I was thinking of the same thing!
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 8 2013, 06:53 PM) *

If this is the right guy,,,,, you should see the trailers he builds,,,,

Hey how are ya,, I met you with bob! At the Mitty... How about a couple more pics of the rear spoiler?.. Sheridan right? I was thinking of the same thing!

THAT'S ME. I remember meeting you.
That is indeed one of Rogers "Ducktails". I'll try and post some more pics tomorrow.
d914
beautiful car!!!
speed metal army
Cool! What made you go 4.3 six? idea.gif
jimkelly
I asked the same question above and he replied - but for some reason it is now gone ???

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Aug 9 2013, 03:59 PM) *

speed metal army
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 9 2013, 04:15 PM) *

I asked the same question above and he replied - but for some reason it is now gone ???

And what was his reply? biggrin.gif Since its top secret and stuff.. lol-2.gif
chad newton
I thought about doing a 6 as well. I know one of the top turbo guys in the world working with that perticular engine. I just don't have the money. If he wants to sponser me, well we will be getting a v6.smile.gif
zambezi
The problem is he some how has two threads with the same title. People have been replying to both threads. his response was:

Went 4.3 because I had an opportunity to buy a really nice set up at a great price. Forged everything and Brodix aluminum heads. Should make 350 plus. the 930 was flipped and I have installed Renegade's cable shifter setup Have had the car for several years and finally got around to finishing it. Steel Flairs. And yes there is a little move around room in the engine bay. Since it's a track car, I was not so concerned with the vibration issues. I have not had it at the track yet but it is screaming around he block. biggrin.gif

jimkelly
I can still see my post in my controls..
why 4.3? and what HP is it producing?
I personally like the way a 4.3 leaves open space in the engine compartment but there have been issues reported about balance issues with a 4.3?
are you running 930 inverted or did you have it machined to run right side up?
jim

--

anyway - his reply was ..

he got a great deal on a 4.3 on steroids.
he also had the 930 machined and is running right side up - vs running up side down and unmachined.
jim

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Aug 9 2013, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 9 2013, 04:15 PM) *

And what was his reply? biggrin.gif Since its top secret and stuff.. lol-2.gif
BIGKAT_83
That 4.3 is very nice and probaly makes more HP than most V8s. This is a first class car
spaceshuttle
Thanks for all the props guys.
The 4.3 V6 seems to be where most have questions.
I have another V8 914 with a 383 that makes about 450 HP (documented) that I absolutely love to track, but frankly, that car is a beast. Fast as hell but almost frightening, and it has a tendency to shred Trannys. I also have a 2001 996 that I use as a DE car. The 996 is a joy to drive at the track, but just not fast enuff after driving the V8 914.
My objective here was to build a RELIABLE track car that has the HP to hopefully keep up with the GT 3s etc. So, if I have been successful, the V6/930 will be a nice blend of my other 2 cars and will become my primary track day car of choice, and allow me to sell the other 2 cars. Unless I get around to fixing the GT 3 in the background, but that's a whole nother thread/can of worms.

spaceshuttle
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 10 2013, 09:10 AM) *

That 4.3 is very nice and probaly makes more HP than most V8s. This is a first class car

biggrin.gif
BIGKAT_83
Larry....I like the way the rear flares are done. What size tire are you using ??

Also lets see some pictures of the trailers that you build and some of the Blue and red cars.

Bob pray.gif pray.gif
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 13 2013, 05:41 AM) *

Larry....I like the way the rear flares are done. What size tire are you using ??

Also lets see some pictures of the trailers that you build and some of the Blue and red cars.

Bob pray.gif pray.gif

Bob,
We rolled the steel fares a good bit. Currently running a 275/40-17 with 1" spacers. Could possibly get 295's with less spacer, but then I need a wider wheel than the 9" I am using
I will get some trailer pics posted at some point as well as the red and blue cars.
Stop by if you are in the area.
green914
Looks like it will be a fun track car. smile.gif Good luck on the track smilie_pokal.gif let us know how it works out - post pictures.
spaceshuttle
Will do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.