Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
I got P 195 60R 15 tires, should I inflate tires to what it says in the trunk, or does anyone know what I should run on the fronts and the backs? confused24.gif the sticker in the front trunk says 155 SR 15, 23 psi front and the rears 26 psi
Mike Bellis
Tire design has changed since that sticker was installed. It most likely is useless. pressurize them for road feel and handling.

I run my 245/45/16 at 35 psi of nitrogen. That is +/- the sweet spot for my setup.
cwpeden
Falken RT615 , 205 50 15 - 32fr 34r
Falken ZE912 , 205 60 15 - 38fr 40r
Pirrelli P4, 205 60 15 - 38fr 38r

First two are on my 73 2.0 with koni sports and sways and 200 lb springs (rear sway disconnected)
Third is on 72 with no sways and stock susp.

Depends on your set up and how you drive it. RT615's for sport, ZE912's for highway
solex
Use the pressure rating stated on the car. Check the web for discussions on tire inflation pressures.

Nitrogen eliminates water contamination as it must be delivered dry.
bandjoey
More from the street cars please. Low to mid 30's seems a little high.

For a better street ride wouldn't u want a lower pressure?
195x65 I use 26/29 per the gas tank sticker. Ride is good and no tire wear as in underinflated. About 30 k miles at this pressure.

TheCabinetmaker
Your sticker says 23 front? All mine say 26. I start at 28 all around then test drive and adjust up or down 1 lb at a time till I get the best "feel". Lots of variables. tire choice, spring rates, swaybars, driving style, surface and surface condition, weight of driver, and even from car to car.
cwpeden
Wow, I didn't think I was that far off. When ever I lower the pressure of my street tires that low they feel way too 'squishy'. Of course they don't get enough miles to say its causing them to wear uneven.

Just went out and re-checked my pressures. Falken ze912's are 35f - 36r
porschefile2010
Because the cars are so light I think the tyres need less rather than more pressure. Having said that I run mine at about 30-32, same front and rear. If you have too little pressure you will get incorrect wear on the edges of the tyres and if you have too much you will bulge the tyres and get wear up the middle because the sides of the tread aren't in contact with the road as the designers intended. So seems it's pretty much a case of what is right for the particular tyre you choose and keeping the tread properly planted on the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.