Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Locks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
I occasionally have to leave my car outside at night and would like to find some way to make sure the wheels stay on it. I don't think I've ever heard a comment about wheel locks that didn't include swear words, but I think I remember seeing some external Torx lug nuts somewhere. That made sense, no key to lose and probably enough security since thieves aren't likely to carry around a torx socket. But I can't find anything about them, so does anyone know if Torx lug nuts exist for Fuchs ball socket wheels? Maybe I just saw some funky lug nuts in the Torx style, but actually weren't Torx at all and required some oddball key? I know those exist, but I don''t want to deal with a key that I'd certainly lose.

Or alternatively any other suggestion for keeping the wheels on the car outside all night long? And no, pit bulls or sitting in the car all night with a pistol aren't options.

euro911
I keep my locking lug tool in an old medicine bottle in the glove box.
TheCabinetmaker
Angela's vette has locking lugs. I've had zero problems.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Aug 8 2013, 05:20 PM) *

Or alternatively any other suggestion for keeping the wheels on the car outside all night long? And no, pit bulls or sitting in the car all night with a pistol aren't options.

Move out of Modesto... confused24.gif

Do people really still steal rims??? I thought that only happened in the 80's...
euro911
Get a trunk monkey laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
DBCooper
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 8 2013, 06:51 PM) *

Angela's vette has locking lugs. I've had zero problems.

You mean zero problems so far. I've had to take off those locks when someone lost their key. Not fun, and I swore I'd never. I'm hoping there's an option, but it seems it may have just been my faulty memory.

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 8 2013, 08:56 PM) *

Move out of Modesto... confused24.gif

Do people really still steal rims??? I thought that only happened in the 80's...

Dude, Modesto IS the 80's. Part of its charm.

EDIT: Actually thinking a little more about that, Modesto and Stockton are the car theft capitals of the U.S., so what I'm thinking is that the tweekers realized it's hard to carry a set of wheels, so now they just steal the whole car. It's the natural evolution of an idea, just happens to be on the dark side.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.