Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jet Fuel Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tumamilhem
I have mix-matched fuel injectors in my 1974 2.0 w/ D-jet FI. Apparently they run fine, but could they be better if I had the factory or replacement injectors? They were installed by the previous owner who was also going to send me some extra injectors but didn't and I'm not sure if I should buy the OEM injectors for it. My mechanic pointed out they were different injectors upon checking out my fuel injection system, but said they were fine.

Should I get the stock injectors, and if so, should I get new or rebuilt ones. There is about a $200 difference per injector. At $255 for new, that's over a grand. I can buy rebuilt ones for $75 each. Not sure if they are rebuilt with OEM parts (Auto Atlanta has them). Or should I not bother and keep what I have if they are running fine?
McMark
I usually order all these parts from Fuel Injection Corp. They've always been good to me.
tumamilhem
I just looked them up. They only have injectors for 1.8 (1974). Mine's a 2.0

But trying to decide if there's really a difference in OEM new or rebuilt, or if I should just stick with the mixed-matched ones in mine now.
SLITS
A "rebuilt" injector is a cleaned and flowed injector. The solenoid is checked for ohms. It is placed on a machine that triggers the injector and flows cleaning fluid through the injector for an extended period of time. It is checked for leaks between the plastic top and bottom. If it leaks they are junk.

Once the cleaning process is done, the intake microscreen and pintle cap is replaced. They are then tested for flow rate and spray pattern. New seals are put on. That's the extent of it.

The solenoid in the main body is not replaced.

Cost to do so used to range from $19 - $30 each. Witchhunter in Bothel, WA was the lower price and GB Injection in Long Beach, CA was the higher end. There are others that do the same.

What color are the injectors? Yellow is 1.7, Blue is 1.8, Green is 2.0 though there were replacement 2.0 injectors that were black (and also the 2.0 912E.) All have different flow rates in cc/min. The 1.7 & 2.0 injectors have a different electrical connector than the 1.8 and 912E.

The are part numbers on the injector too!
mepstein
Mr injector did mine. $16 each +$5 shipping. Comes back with new seals and hose. Quick turn around, great service. Includes a before and after flow chart. He doesn't charge for injectors that leak.
JeffBowlsby
It depends on how they are "mismatched". Other Injectors may be perfectly fine if their flow specs and connections match. See this chart for substitute injectors.
rjames
Wow, found a site selling the 2.0 compatible injectors for $56! Do these 'fit' the same way as the oem 914 injectors (minus the elbow bend)?

VolvoInjectors
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rjames @ Aug 9 2013, 11:09 AM) *

Wow, found a site selling the 2.0 compatible injectors for $56! Do these 'fit' the same way as the oem 914 injectors (minus the elbow bend)?

VolvoInjectors

Yes they do. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.