Full Version: Hurley Haywood Porsche 914 GT video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcbeAzBspE
Kansas 914
QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 9 2013, 11:51 AM) *

Enjoy

That is what it is all about! Sounds like a race car - driven by a race car driver. That version of the Brumos #59 was always right up there with my favorite 914s of all time - classic.

Thanks Johannes!

Click to view attachment
mtn flyr
Thanks, I needed that!! first.gif
bandjoey
Love that sound at 1.45 as he drives by. 100% concentration until he pulls off the track and look at that grin of enjoyment as he looks around.

My car dreams of being that car at night! driving.gif
andys
Last time I saw Haywood up close, was at an IMSA race in the 70's at Riverside Raceway in SoCal. He's aged a bit, but then so have I :-(

Andys
chad newton
Do you think they run straight pipes on their racecar? I may go flowmaster off my headers.
EdwardBlume
Yeah baby! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
struckn
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 9 2013, 01:26 PM) *

Love that sound at 1.45 as he drives by. 100% concentration until he pulls off the track and look at that grin of enjoyment as he looks around.

My car dreams of being that car at night! driving.gif

WHAT? You don't smile when you get out of yours after driving it?

slap.gif
Trekkor
My car sounds almost exactly like that.

~HAPPY~

KT
Drums66
....Magnifique bro,
thumb3d.gif wine.gif
bye1.gif
Michael N
Hurley driving the Brumos /6 at Rennsport.

Click to view attachment

Nice video. Great sounding engine.
pcar916
QUOTE(chad newton @ Aug 9 2013, 07:44 PM) *

Do you think they run straight pipes on their racecar? I may go flowmaster off my headers.

That car has headers and megaphones.
cary
I'd say he looks pretty comfortable.
chad newton
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Aug 9 2013, 07:09 PM) *

Thank you.
SLITS
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Aug 9 2013, 07:09 PM) *

Cookie Cutters
Socalandy
Thanks!!! What an amazing sound aktion035.gif no need for a stereo
Rleog

aktion035.gif

Thanks so much. Hurley, flawless, as usual.
The guy wringing his hands at 1:48 must be the owner, hoping the engine doesn't blow.
Love the angles exposing the photographer nearly hanging out the passenger side window, trying to get as wide an angle as possible of Hurley.

Loved it. Thanks.
carr914
QUOTE(chad newton @ Aug 9 2013, 08:44 PM) *

Headers into Mega-Phones - Oh what a Wonderful Sound, but then again I'm known as Mr Mega-Phone!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bulitt
Brumos puts a day long package together evey year during Amelia week. Get to go driving with Hurley!
carr914
Brumos is the Sponsor of the HSR Race @ Daytona in November - it was during the Tropical Ramble last year & hopefully Joe schedules the TR the same weekend this year. It has been quite a few years since Brumos has sponsored a HSR Race, so I would expect a bunch of their cars out of the Museum will be there, including the -6

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Hurley's grin at the end says it all. biggrin.gif
I really like how soft his hands are on the steering wheel. driving.gif (I am also surprised he feeds the wheel as much as he does.)
URY914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 10 2013, 08:22 AM) *

I really like how soft his hands are on the steering wheel.

I hear they're real soft alright.....
Bullethead
QUOTE(Michael N @ Aug 9 2013, 09:58 PM) *

Hurley driving the Brumos /6 at Rennsport.

Click to view attachment

Nice video. Great sounding engine.

Hurley drove #59... that's me in #58, just sold it. Resto was finished a week before RRIV and was a blast to be there.
siverson
So I'm embarrassed I don't know, but is that a 2.0 or 2.2 or ? Stock with megaphones or ?

-Steve
carr914
Probably a 2.5 Twin-Plug
JmuRiz
Sounds amazing...and looks surprisingly comfy inside (aside from the cross bar the passenger has to straddle and hang out the window to get a good camera angle)
carr914
Another Brumos Video - looks like they are doing a Short Film / Documentory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3geXherdNA
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif for a great video santa_smiley.gif
QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 9 2013, 09:51 AM) *

Ferg
Super nice guy, even when a dork like me chats him up.

Hey Pat, check out those rear fogs!!!
Michael N
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 21 2013, 06:01 PM) *

Super nice guy, even when a dork like me chats him up.

Yup, very friendly and accommodating. Here he is with my son this summer in Monterey. Hey maybe that was because Freg was there too.

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Great Pic Michael!

Started drooling all over again at sight of your car. Best one at the show. (besides the basalt black 959 that is bye1.gif )
tumamilhem
Thanks for the videos! smile.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 10 2013, 05:16 PM) *

Probably a 2.5 Twin-Plug

Yep, a very trick 2.5 with twin plug.
My favorite 59 video was the 1st race after they found & rebuilt her, the 1st race, HH pulls a Cobra or Vett out of a turn & runs, not walks away from that V8 racecar happy11.gif happy11.gif ..

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.