Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Fender Height
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
Can someone give me an idea what kind of Height the front fenders
should be? I know, I know, lots & lots of variables, but...

The only way the alignment shop could get the Camber numbers
to get close to spec was to lower the front end... Way too much!!!

Do I just keep trying diff heights, or is there something I should shoot for?
My car doesn't not see the racetrack, but does enjoy aggresive street driving.

My tire size: 205/50-15
My wheels: 914 Fuchs
Torsion Bars: Stock
Front Shocks: Bilsteins

TIA
Bleyseng
Measured at the jacking doughnuts, about 5" is plenty low enough. I run 4 3/4".
Geoff
Gint
When I rebuilt the suspension on the brown car, it was at 4.something inches at the front donuts. And after driving it a few hundred miles I wanted to raise it. It was too low. JMHO of course.
Bleyseng
At 4 1/2" I start banging every little speed bump with the front valance or LE spoiler.
Geoff
Gint
Yup. I had to back out of the driveway at a severe angle to keep from draggin a stock front valance.
Zeke
The reason these guys are giving you the jacking donut height instead of fender opening height is beacuse of the difference in fenders. GT flares, custom flares, they alter ther standard. I have stock front fenders, 205/50/15's and 4 3/4. I think that is the same as 22 1/4 to fender. Might be 23 1/4. Can't get to car right now.
Jeffs9146
Mine are 23 1/4 with stock fenders. I am going to raise it to 23 1/2 this weekend. It is just too low in the front for me but it seems to handle well and only bottoms out on those down hill hairpins on Mt Hamilton.

Jeff
Bleyseng
Measuring you way, mine are at 23" to the lip of the front fender. Pretty low I just but set up for AX and street driving. 22mm front tbars too.
205x50x15 Dunlops8000 on 15x6 Fuchs for street
205x50x15 Kuhmos Victoracers on 15x7 cookies for AX.

Geoff
Aaron Cox
i got it bad....i got no money, i am at about 4 inches in the front, my torsion bars are a little saggy i think, and my struts are shot......i just replaced the reears w/ bilstein 140 coilover combo....my front needs help......

donate to my fr. suspensioon fund pleas biggrin.gif

ps, how do you know if your t bars are bad (saggy)?
Scott Carlberg
Yeah, maybe asking about 'fender heights' was the wrong measurement
point.
Come to think of it, the alignment shop was measuring from a point
underneath the car. I'll go out and measure from the donuts.

I think 4 3/4" - 5" might be a good place to start.

Thanks folks!
Bleyseng
Dear Acox914,
If your's is sagging, just adjust the tbar/ride height adjustment screws to set the front to the correct (not slammed) ride height.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.